How many days?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ya'll may get tired of my updates but another looker has been added for the 2nd official day on the market. That's 3 now for tomorrow.....
No sir, I’m enjoying the updates. The housing market has been interesting and I enjoyed our adventure. Timing is everything and I think the Mrs and I hit it perfectly. Looks like signs of a slight plateau but market is still hot.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Computers aren't my thing. I had no idea about video showings so I found that extremely interesting. Had to call my son and ask him why that one realtor was taking so many pictures. Duh..
We had to esign everything. The email trails from the lender and closing company we’re getting very lengthy. My wife avoids computers as much as she can and would have not done well with it at all. It definitely cut down in personal trips but there’s still something about shaking a hand when you’re dealing with 3-400k deals.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had to esign everything. The email trails from the lender and closing company we’re getting very lengthy. My wife avoids computers as much as she can and would have not done well with it at all. It definitely cut down in personal trips but there’s still something about shaking a hand when you’re dealing with 3-400k deals.
I don't know about current laws but back in the late 60's a handshake that was witnessed was binding under law.
My employer won a lawsuit with that when someone tried to back out of a deal.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Realtors seem to prefer the home to be "staged". Not too much clutter but with the right amount of furnishings.
From what I understand, you don't want it filled with your personal items, as that distracts them from visualizing themselves in the home, but empty rooms don't give them any kinds of anchors for that same visualization. Basically, most people need a framework to see how a space could be used.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Realtors seem to prefer the home to be "staged". Not too much clutter but with the right amount of furnishings.

We moved out prior to listing and didn't stage. My realtor told me a staged home "distracts" a buyer from looking at imperfections. I was the opposite and did as much repairs as I could to include pumping both septic tanks, all A/C units serviced and much more.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Empty, full, staged it doesn't matter, the market is SO hot that prices aren't haggled and it's been said there have been places bought above listing price.. That used to be something that only happened in congested big cities or states..
The $$ rolling into this state is ENORMOUS and many/ most of the buyers aim to secure a place before the next guy beats them out of it.. I now have neighbors on both sides selling, I guess the thought of making $$ is just too appealing..

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This makes me want to sell ours . . . :hyper:
Unless you already have somewhere to move to, you would probably end up paying too much for your next house. I’ve seriously thought about selling both my places here in TX, but it would probably take all I’d get for them plus some to get another place that’s even close to being as nice as what I have. It’s kind of a catch 22.:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom