How many of you are debt free? (Dave Ramsey stuff)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 34 and owe $75k on my house. Nothing else.

Here's the kicker: my wife and I have paid off nearly $225k in debt over the last four years. Medical ($95k), Student Loans, Credit Cards, and two cars. And our family has grown during that time.

It feels really good to be here now vs. where we stood in April 2010!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took Daves class when I was 18, again when I was 21, and attended a show when I was 26... Two Roth's rocking on down the road, money in the savings, never had debt, paid cash for everything. Currently 31 working on buying my first house. Finally landed where I plan to stay longer than a year or two. Dave is the man.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took Daves class when I was 18, again when I was 21, and attended a show when I was 26... Two Roth's rocking on down the road, money in the savings, never had debt, paid cash for everything. Currently 31 working on buying my first house. Finally landed where I plan to stay longer than a year or two. Dave is the man.

That's awesome.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 34 and owe $75k on my house. Nothing else.

Here's the kicker: my wife and I have paid off nearly $225k in debt over the last four years. Medical ($95k), Student Loans, Credit Cards, and two cars. And our family has grown during that time.

It feels really good to be here now vs. where we stood in April 2010!

This is awesome too!

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a mortgage on my house. I own my car, no payments on it. I have student loan payments. I have two credit cards. One gets paid off each month, one carries a balance that I am working on paying off. I save money each month in my savings account, and I have a supply of cash-money on hand.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a mortgage on my house. I own my car, no payments on it. I have student loan payments. I have two credit cards. One gets paid off each month, one carries a balance that I am working on paying off. I save money each month in my savings account, and I have a supply of cash-money on hand.

Sounds like you could benefit from Daves book.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only debt is the house. Emergency fund in place and paying extra on the mortgage every month but not a traditional snowball. Since we're in our fifties, we're rocking the 401(k)s as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom