How wells and aquifers really work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the entire video but All I can think about is the Ogallala Aquifer and how much center pivot irrigating we do on crops up here in the OK Panhandle. Scary to think about that someday it will be dried up.
It’s already down a lot. Many farmers running pivots from back in the day have had to go deeper.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
the two biggest sources of water are bottled water and people. Stop bottling it all up and storing it in warehouses. You'll thank me. and People are 60 percent or so water. Stop increasing the population and water will be fine. You can neither create or destroy matter. Any water you drink today was dinosaur piss at one time. It needs to be able to get back into the atmosphere. If people would stop taking it up, there would be plenty.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have been hearing this for decades..... the problem with the ogallala is the depletion rate was exceeding the rate of recharge. mainly irrigation and the technology has evolved greatly decreasing the depletion.

I had to dig a little. You’re correct. It also sounds like it’s a matter of what part of the aquifer the water is being drawn from, some parts have gone down and others up in the time it’s been monitored.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the two biggest sources of water are bottled water and people. Stop bottling it all up and storing it in warehouses. You'll thank me. and People are 60 percent or so water. Stop increasing the population and water will be fine. You can neither create or destroy matter. Any water you drink today was dinosaur piss at one time. It needs to be able to get back into the atmosphere. If people would stop taking it up, there would be plenty.

They’re stealing our precious bodily fluids.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the article that @HiredHand shared there must still be dinosaurs in Nebraska, cause the levels are up in the area. Must be plenty of piss to go around.

I’m other news, I’m gonna think about all our water being dinosaur piss for the rest of my life now. Once as a kid I read something about how it’s likely that I’ve inhaled some of the same molecules as Shakespeare. So being the 12 year old I was, I realized that I’ve also technically breathed in some of his farts. 22 years later I still think about that on the occasion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom