Hunting Lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm real hesitant to put up cams for this reason. My great uncles hunting shack got broken into about 4 years ago by some kids. Never did catch them though.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your saying It's HIS fault for leaving HIS blind up on HIS lease? I hope I am misunderstanding you. It doesn't matter if it's a pop-up blind, a permanent blind, or a stick of gum. If it's his property no one should take it.

Yes, with all respect to him. Sadly, the country has become as ravenous as the city in regards for failure mankind to not take what is legally not theirs. Was it his fault-NO but we as hunters must accept the fact that a pieces of crap thieves will take our stuff. I liken this to a mall parking lot. Does your wife, significant other, etc. put her purse, laptop, etc. in the trunk before going in? Do you leave your vehicle at a ball game or other event with a firearm laying in plain sight?

Sadly, this is a similar situation with $400 ground blinds. We as owners bear some responsibility or rather we must understand that we are taking some risk by leaving anything out there nowadays.

I had a brand new igloo cooler full of cold beverages in the back of a pickup at a large rodeo. When it was stolen, who did I and all the buddies laugh at? I, as I should have known better. Somewhat bad analogy , but concept is same. Ground blinds are easy to put up and take down. I would suggest everyone to do this unless you accept the fact there is a good chance it gets stolen. My game warden in NC OK recently said basically the same.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks man, I feel your pain. Over the last couple of years, I had a tower blind stolen off my place. A feeder and ladder stand along with two cameras. It's getting expensive. I can't wait for them to open season on turds, I'm ready to harvest my bag limit on them. Only thing that seems to help is moving ur cameras to trails, instead of putting them over ur feeders or water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom