I hate Whole Foods Market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather go to Whole Foods 5 times than Wal-Mart once. That being said, my local grocery store is pretty great, I have family that are OK Food Coop members and I just give them a list of stuff to add to theirs (I don't get much from them), and I find a good bit of my meat walking around in the woods every fall.

Oh, and I also wear my outdoor gear around town sometimes simply because I'm cheap, even though that's a hated thing. I'm not cheap in that I spend money on good clothes to wear while doing outdoorsy stuff; I'm cheap because I simply wear the same stuff around town because it's warm/comfortable and I use it for dual purposes. Haters gon hate! I don't own any North Face though...it's more common on wanna be gangsters than wanna be outdoorsmen now.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm lucky in that my schedule allows me to shop during the week when it's not crowded. I'd probably live solely on things I could buy at the nearest gas station if I had to shop on the weekends/evenings.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather go to Whole Foods 5 times than Wal-Mart once. That being said, my local grocery store is pretty great, I have family that are OK Food Coop members and I just give them a list of stuff to add to theirs (I don't get much from them), and I find a good bit of my meat walking around in the woods every fall.

Oh, and I also wear my outdoor gear around town sometimes simply because I'm cheap, even though that's a hated thing. I'm not cheap in that I spend money on good clothes to wear while doing outdoorsy stuff; I'm cheap because I simply wear the same stuff around town because it's warm/comfortable and I use it for dual purposes. Haters gon hate! I don't own any North Face though...it's more common on wanna be gangsters than wanna be outdoorsmen now.

I wouldn't mind doing the COOP thing, but how are you going to buy a months supply of fresh vegetables? Fresh lettuce good for a week... maybe a day or two more, Celery not much longer tomatoes etc...

Yeah we shop there every week, just got home from doing the grocery shopping again. I liked the bearded hippie's and acceptance of individuals with Tat's and piercings that's prevalent in their staffing. They pay decent too for a grocery store job, offer an excellent health and wellness benefits program after 90 days and promote from within the company.

My ex wasn't smart enough to keep her mouth shut and keep her job there which was too bad, because they didn't care about her felony drug record either and she started at $12 an hour with raises at 90, and 180 days then 1year anniversary with1 year raises after that.

We have been dealing with the same guys at the butchers counter for over a year now, same for the ladies at the cheese counter and stock guys in the produce section, that's when we started shopping there. Walk into wal-mart and ask a stock clerk for a sample of fruit or vegetable and see if they give you a blank look or whip out a knife and slice up a sample on the spot to see if it's what you want.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
how do they test it to see if its organic or not. Bananas all look the same. do they test one out of every bunch?
I've tried both, they look the same,smell the same, taste the same but the organics cost 50-100% more.
I think its mostly a scam on tree hugging/feel good for the environment yuppies.

Organic bananas are pretty much a waste, since you have to peel them anyway, but they're not 50-100% more. More like 20 cents per pound. At todays prices that means the difference between 69 cents and 89 cents a pound, or about 29%.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Whole Foods; Our family doesn't buy a lot from there, but they have some unique suff. Chile Picante Peruvian Corn (Cornnuts); How can you not love corn kernals soaked in water for three days, then deep fried and covered in chile picante powder; They also sell Rice Crackers (without the green peas) by weight. The associates working are very friendly and helpful; If price drives everything, Wholes Foods is probably not your kind of place; If selection and service is big on your list, its worth a look.

Kryxar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Organic bananas are pretty much a waste, since you have to peel them anyway, but they're not 50-100% more. More like 20 cents per pound. At todays prices that means the difference between 69 cents and 89 cents a pound, or about 29%.

My wife always had heartburn from bananas, until she tried organic bananas. Something is different because they don't give her heartburn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom