I need a new phone. What's a cool phone today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haram

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off contract I've had Nexus 5 and Moto G and could recommend either just off price. Galaxy S5 Or HTC One * M8, if it's going to be another phone you'll keep for a long while. I've not played with it long enough to know for sure but the sound on the M8 is said to be one of its high points. My vote would be HTC based on your requirements.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apple iPhone, Wait for the 6 to drop though if you can. Larger screens and memory is the rumor. A 4.7" option and a 5.5" option. I am not a fan of massive display's on phones. I personally like my iPhone 5 and it's dimensions so if the rumor is true I don't know if I'll upgrade right away. I might make the 1/2 tick move to a 5s.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I replaced my S4 with an S5 in April. Either phones work just fine. I use the remote feature more than I thought I would.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Otterbox cases will make your phone thicker. I have a Commuter case for my iPhone 5s and it's noticeably thicker- But. Drop protection has it's price.
I grew tired of Apple's BS over the years and bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 last year. Hated it. Never did understand all the G whizzy features and the physical size. With an Otterbox commuter case, it was big enough that when one hand texting, my aging fingers ached. I took it back within the 14 day return period. My old iPhone was a relief.
Got the 5s model over the winter and have been happy since, except for the persistent frustration with Apple. Love/
hate!

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed on the gorilla glass.... I have an older samsung galaxy S 4G that still looks new and I drop it all the time. Reboots a few times a day but at least the screen is not cracked like all the Iphone users I see.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Apple iPhone, Wait for the 6 to drop though if you can. Larger screens and memory is the rumor. A 4.7" option and a 5.5" option. I am not a fan of massive display's on phones. I personally like my iPhone 5 and it's dimensions so if the rumor is true I don't know if I'll upgrade right away. I might make the 1/2 tick move to a 5s.

Exactly why I don't like the galaxy. Might as well hold a laptop up to the side of your head... Eh hello? Plus I have a niece and nephew in different states that I FaceTime with. I know you can download other apps for the droid but they are a pain in the ass and the functionality is much different. It is also gay if you have friends on iPhones and you have a droid working the whole group texts and iMessages, not impossible just a lot more hassle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom