If you are a vaper, or think you might like to use ecigs to quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading this bill (all 34 pages) more indepth, we found another little gem.

This bill will require all vape shops to get a cigarette vendor license, and to ONLY buy from cigarette wholesalers. Guess who that is? BIG TOBACCO. Guess who gave the author of this bill $10,200 in campaign contributions? TOBACCO LOBBYISTS.

Yep, that's me in the stories... News9 Fox 25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the champagne of beers, but high gravity gets me to a nice place with the quickness.

I've tried cigarettes socially. Not my thing.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill is asinine. The requirement to be 18 in order to purchase is dumb as well if you are not buying nicotine containing juice, why is that the arbitrary age? Why not 25 for tobacco and tobacco products? Because big tobacco has a better chance if they get you early. I worked for a wholesaler for several years here in Tulsa, Campbell's Wholesale, area and regional sales reps came in on a regular basis to do stale returns, damaged product return counts, pass out promo samples, etc, I can remember only one or 2 of them actually being smokers and those were the older reps that had been around for a while.

I'm sorry I can support an age restriction law, as with all things the industry can claim to be self regulating but the fact is there will always be someone unscrupulous enough to sell to minors to make more profit. Been's post is a perfect example, high schoolers who have never smoked tobacco but are vaping. . . as the saying goes from the mouths of babes

I started smoking when I was 15, my high school in California even still had a smoking area my freshman year. 6 months now I've been a non smoker. Nicotine is addictive if you are getting it in a less damaging method that reduces the cost of healthcare and reduces your risks I am all for it, even better if you quit nicotine altogether, I tried to quit by vaping it didn't work for me. I still enjoy an occasional cigar but those are few and far between now that I get no pleasure from nicotine.

The sin tax from tobacco in Oklahoma is a big cash cow. Why do you think they forced the indians to compact and pay taxes on their products as well? On average we would buy $60 to $80k in tax stamps per week back in the early to mid 90's for the non indian cigarettes, never had to buy stamps for the other side of the house they had a second stamp line and warehouse when I worked for them that handled the indian stuff. I just picked up my indian shop loads over there after I loaded my regular route at the main building.

Think about it 3 to 4 million a year in just taxes and Campbells was small potatoes compared to core mark or hale hallsel. And that is just in the Tulsa and NEOK area. Imagine what the tobacco companies are making. Hell yeah they are mad and want the business back if the even had a 5% drop in profits that's huge money nationwide. And we have a republican controlled house, senate, and governor that will give it to them. Ironic isn't it...

That's pretty strong words, could be slanderous if you can't prove it. The owner of one of the vape shops in Tulsa is a member of Oklahoma Open Carry...

And also happens to be a good friend of mine. The guy has done his research and invested heavily in making sure that the products he brings to market are safe.

Last edited:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh... That's unexpected. Do you normally smoke a pipe or cigar? I'm wondering what would make someone decide to try vaping if they don't already smoke in some form.

I'm not criticizing, just curious.

perhaps the same reason why one would smoke a cigarette?

.45Fats

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so...what prevents the local shops from becoming distributors and continuing business as usual? and the way I read the bill it only seems to regulate the solutions that contain nicotine?

sandscards

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I think the question would be becoming distributors and only being able to buy from cigarette wholesalers, which is big tobacco. Also, I believe it may read that I, as an end user, cannot order juices over the internet for my personal use. Seems kind of like making Autozone be a GM distributor and can only buy parts from GM and prevents the end user from going around them and ordering from out of state. Not a good thing, at least from my perspective. Going to do some more research now. Hopefully I understood the bill from the first read but there were some confusing things in there. Also, some of what may be good and apply to cigarettes may not be good to electronic cigarettes.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the question would be becoming distributors and only being able to buy from cigarette wholesalers, which is big tobacco. Also, I believe it may read that I, as an end user, cannot order juices over the internet for my personal use. Seems kind of like making Autozone be a GM distributor and can only buy parts from GM and prevents the end user from going around them and ordering from out of state. Not a good thing, at least from my perspective. Going to do some more research now. Hopefully I understood the bill from the first read but there were some confusing things in there. Also, some of what may be good and apply to cigarettes may not be good to electronic cigarettes.

Just keep smoking...it's really about liberty...Gouberment will tax Vaps anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom