If you are a vaper, or think you might like to use ecigs to quit smoking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several of my friends use Ecigs (even though many of them never smoked cigarettes). Its become quite popular at my skewl. They have tried to get me to do it but I keep saying no (which they get mad at me for because they say its harmless). I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing something like that and not knowing exactly what im putting in my body. Not to mention It is my understanding that some of them have nicotine in them which is addicting.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several of my friends use Ecigs (even though many of them never smoked cigarettes). Its become quite popular at my skewl. They have tried to get me to do it but I keep saying no (which they get mad at me for because they say its harmless). I just wouldnt feel comfortable doing something like that and not knowing exactly what im putting in my body. Not to mention It is my understanding that some of them have nicotine in them which is addicting.

Been,

GOOD FOR YOU! DON'T DO IT. Nicotine is as addicting as heroin.

Anyone else notice that they've already figured out how to do THC tinctures with ecigs? It's my understanding that medical dispenseries in CA and CO already sell THC "juice". I suspect that the ecig industry is about to become heavily regulated. Big tobacco doesn't like competition and has the lobyists to crush the ecig industry.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vaporizing is a pretty old tradition(especially in the marijuana culture), so it was only a matter of time before they figured out how to infuse it into the newly popular trend of vaping "juices." But it will be interesting to see what kind of regulations and restriction they try and impose because of it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Big tobacco doesn't like competition and has the lobyists to crush the ecig industry.

"Big tobacco" is in the business of nicotine delivery, not tobacco itself, which is why RJ Reynolds started it's own brand of ecigs (Vuse), Lorillard bought Blu for $135M, and Philip Morris holds a patent and rights to some of the leading modern technology.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been,

GOOD FOR YOU! DON'T DO IT. Nicotine is as addicting as heroin.

Anyone else notice that they've already figured out how to do THC tinctures with ecigs? It's my understanding that medical dispenseries in CA and CO already sell THC "juice". I suspect that the ecig industry is about to become heavily regulated. Big tobacco doesn't like competition and has the lobyists to crush the ecig industry.

Bryan was glad to see you join the group - and as commented glad to have you active

for me the nicotine isn't the addiction - no longer any interest in cigs. It was more the act and mental. ecigs broke that. I have gone longer not smoking with these than I could ever while in the army. PG/VG inhalation will cause mild dehydration - drink lots of water. The doctors I have seen since I started vaping expressed no concern over vaping - and were happy to hear me switch from cigs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol
Propylene glycol is considered Generally Recognized As Safe by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and it is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being the major ingredient in the liquid used in electronic cigarettes (along with vegetable glycerine and, more rarely, PEG 400). It is also used in pharmaceutical and personal care products.[4] Propylene glycol is a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam that are insoluble in water, use propylene glycol as a solvent in their clinical, injectable forms

http://www.ehow.com/list_5972206_vegetable-glycerin-uses.html
Every day you probably use some form of glycerin or glycerol. This clear, odorless liquid is sweet tasting and has a consistency of syrup. It readily dissolves in water and is a good solvent. Vegetable glycerin is derived from extracted glycerol fats from plant oils such as palm and coconut. It is commonly used as a base for pharmaceuticals and other household items. Glycerin can capture moisture from the air, making it a good addition to moisturizers.

PG/VG as seen in the above snippets are relatively harmless and in tons of other products. It may change some being inhaled but I don't see it anywhere near as harmful as the carcinogens in cigarettes or preservatives in fast food. Nicotine itself is a mild stimulant like caffeine.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll just do like most of the local shops and mix flavor in with some pesticide grade nicotine from China.

pesticide grade? really? who do you have a problem with? I will say a large group of the shops here and online use USA made nicotine. Some do use dekang brand juice from China but it is not "pesticide grade"

please educate yourself, just like you would like anti gunners to do

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Big tobacco" is in the business of nicotine delivery, not tobacco itself, which is why RJ Reynolds started it's own brand of ecigs (Vuse), Lorillard bought Blu for $135M, and Philip Morris holds a patent and rights to some of the leading modern technology.

This is correct. The large cigarette companies are already heavily invested in ecigs.

sandscards

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Have been vaping for just over a year now instead of smoking cigarettes. I smoked a pack a day for 30 years and tried all of the quits. This one got me to quit smoking cigarettes. I have also been lowering the nicotine in the juice slowly over time. Now I enjoy the flavor more than the throat hit and nicotine but want to cut down slowly so I am not tempted to revert to smoking. Wife loves it with the house and car smelling better and me not wheezing near as much. I understand that I am still using nicotine and did substitute one habit for another but a least with my new habit there can be a light at the end of the tunnel. Either vaping 0 nicotine juice or quitting vaping all together. Seems like a step in the right direction and whatever effects it has I am confident that it is better than what was put in cigarettes. Hate to see the regulations headed this way but I think big tobacco can see the writing on the wall with the growing success of electronic cigarettes and regulation will guarantee them a large part if it goes where I think it will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom