I'm disappointed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, they are as common as can be, but rehabbing a Mississippi Kite isn't going to rank real high on the priority list. Rehabs usually operate on a small budget and minimal staff. They sometimes have to be choosy on what they put effort in.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, they are as common as can be, but rehabbing a Mississippi Kite isn't going to rank real high on the priority list. Rehabs usually operate on a small budget and minimal staff. They sometimes have to be choosy on what they put effort in.

True, But if you don't make an effort, you sure won't get the results you'd like to get.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If rehabbers took in every injured animal that was found out there, they would be overwhelmed. Most do it for the love of animals and cost them money they could use for something else.
It's a hard fact of life that Mother Nature will likely have a hand in the final result for the kite, but that is what happens every day in the animal kingdom. One animal lives because it has to take the life of another to survive.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me insensitive, I guess. Bunnies or birds or squirrels... they're all expendable, I don't attribute any particular value to them. I don't go around swerving to hit them in the car, don't get me wrong, but I don't worry too much about 'em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom