Is anyone else getting tired of this crap ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one has said everyone out there is a terrorist.

And that BS story is getting so old that I'm almost as sick of that as I am the whole thing. You guys really get those talking points synched up don't you.

But, once the authorities have set a curfew, if you are a law abiding citizen, go home. You can come back and demonstrate again tomorrow. If you don't go home, you are breaking the law and should be dealt with like you are a terrorist. There is really no other option for the police except to assume that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the enshrined right to protest a terrorist tactic? I won't disagree that there are people out there actively seeking opportunity to spread chaos, but blanket terming everyone out there a terrorist is insane.

Like when ole Trumpy Dumpy wanted to take a photo op with and upside down and backwards Bible (I could only dream of this forums reaction had Obama done that) in front of a church he did not announce a visit to. The crowd that was there was peaceful until they got hit with tear gas and force so he could get that ridiculous picture. Were they terrorists because they were protesting?

No - freedom of assembly is a constitutional right.
Throwing bottles, rocks, bricks, burning things, breaking things that don't belong to you, blocking roads, those are not "freedom of assembly".

I am the last guy you'll get to defend Trump - if the crowds of criminals get to him, I'm fine with that. Thugs with, thugs without.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the one downtown that had to close due to theft.

Drive through there every day, freakin' hippies are taking over down there. The one I speak of is huge, and even the guy that owns Super Mercado tried to make it work.

How on God's green earth can anyone with a straight face demand something like that?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK then where should the police draw the line in taking action ? OK for water bottles, and bricks but how about Molotov cocktails....that OK with you ? How about looters and people destroying property ? That OK with you too. I'd just like a list so I know when they should shoot the terrorist.

How about just not hurting protesters who aren't throwing, looting or destroying? Violating a curfew should be a CITATION, not a beat-down. Refusing to move off a public sidewalk should be nothing at all! If they're completely peaceful and just yelling, chanting, videoing, they aren't breaking a single law! What should the use of force method be for someone who presents no threat and is committing no crime?

I don't care if they shoot looters with pepper balls. I don't care if they shoot arsonists with rubber OR lead bullets, because they represent a lethal threat. I am against shoving a 75 year old man or shooting a 16 year old kid because they're effing standing somewhere the cops don't want them to. It's immoral, unethical, against policy and the law!

Can you not even admit that they shouldn't do that?

But, once the authorities have set a curfew, if you are a law abiding citizen, go home. You can come back and demonstrate again tomorrow. If you don't go home, you are breaking the law and should be dealt with like you are a terrorist. There is really no other option for the police except to assume that.

Apparently not. Let me tell you something. I've spent 30+ years combating terrorism. You have no freaking clue what a terrorist is. Apparently you think American citizens who think you're wrong are terrorists. As another poster commented, you ARE the problem we face. I'm ashamed that you're on this forum with such anti-American sentiments. I want nothing further to do with you.

I'm done here.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like when ole Trumpy Dumpy wanted to take a photo op with and upside down and backwards Bible (I could only dream of this forums reaction had Obama done that) in front of a church he did not announce a visit to. The crowd that was there was peaceful until they got hit with tear gas and force so he could get that ridiculous picture. Were they terrorists because they were protesting?

Here's some info that gives a different take on the church walk:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-protesters-trump-church-visit

But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship.
“A source says tear gas was never used -- instead smoke cannisters were deployed, which don't have an uncomfortable irritant in them,” reporter Neal Augenstein tweeted. “And, the source says Park Police didn't know President Trump would be walking across the park several minutes later.”
The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we're talking about different videos; here's the one I'm talking about.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1268799719569936384

Yes, that's a different one --- I've been referenced the video I linked on Page 2.

I still tend to view that one perhaps differently than you do, but your points are more salient regarding that one. He definitely did approach, and waving his hands was a dumb idea. I still think the shove was much more than needed.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about just not hurting protesters who aren't throwing, looting or destroying? Violating a curfew should be a CITATION, not a beat-down. Refusing to move off a public sidewalk should be nothing at all! If they're completely peaceful and just yelling, chanting, videoing, they aren't breaking a single law! What should the use of force method be for someone who presents no threat and is committing no crime?

I don't care if they shoot looters with pepper balls. I don't care if they shoot arsonists with rubber OR lead bullets, because they represent a lethal threat. I am against shoving a 75 year old man or shooting a 16 year old kid because they're effing standing somewhere the cops don't want them to. It's immoral, unethical, against policy and the law!

Can you not even admit that they shouldn't do that?

Apparently not. Let me tell you something. I've spent 30+ years combating terrorism. You have no freaking clue what a terrorist is. Apparently you think American citizens who think you're wrong are terrorists. As another poster commented, you ARE the problem we face. I'm ashamed that you're on this forum with such anti-American sentiments. I want nothing further to do with you.

I'm done here.
"Can't you admit they shouldn't do that ?" Cherry pick out an incident and try and turn it in to the narrative. What a joke. And don't give me that "I've been fighting terrorism for 30 years" baloney. I'm a Navy veteran and have spent most of my life in support of our military and police.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, that's a different one --- I've been referenced the video I linked on Page 2.

I still tend to view that one perhaps differently than you do, but your points are more salient regarding that one. He definitely did approach, and waving his hands was a dumb idea. I still think the shove was much more than needed.
It might have been more than needed but you really don't know what else was going on so you don't really know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom