Is it odd to buy large amounts of ammo....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I tried to buy ammo at Wal-Mart that i got funny looks was one night about 9:30pm I asked someone to buy ammo and he looked at me and said "it's illegal for us to sell ammo after 9pm" I was at a loss " really? you sure? Can i talk to a manager?" Sure enough the manager came over and said the same thing. They just starred at me the whole way out of the store.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
100 rounds! Did they have store security come over and ask you where you were going with such a massive purchase of ammo? :wink2:

Last time I asked about ammo in the BA Walmart, the fellow behind the counter said they were out of the 420-round ammo cans of XM855. He didn't seem to think that quantity of ammo in one package was anything unusual.

McAlester W/M has lots of it, well they did!!!!!!!

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I tried to buy ammo at Wal-Mart that i got funny looks was one night about 9:30pm I asked someone to buy ammo and he looked at me and said "it's illegal for us to sell ammo after 9pm" I was at a loss " really? you sure? Can i talk to a manager?" Sure enough the manager came over and said the same thing. They just starred at me the whole way out of the store.

"He who has the ammo makes the rules." ??

When goofy things like this happen, contact WalMart corporate headquarters.
Contact info for Walmart:

To reach the Contact Center of Wal-Mart Stores, call 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278), from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CT) Saturday or from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. (CT) Sunday.

or the mailing address is...

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service
702 S.W. 8th Street
Bentonville, AR 72716

Or email your complaint to
http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=221

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno, 'cause the price is decent and I can buy it at 4:30 in the morning and walk out the door? Spur of the moment purchase...

The one time I tried to buy ammo online, I was adding it to an order for some other parts and such, but then they said they wanted me to fax them a copy of my driver's license. Ehhhhh... no thanks.

I don't think it is a conspiracy by the man, they just have to insure you are over 18. If you look close to that age, even your local store must verify you age by checking I.D.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
tRdoc, you're telling me that you went into a WalMart and waited 15 minutes for the glass to open to buy ammo? That must be a record. It takes me longer than that on a busy weekday. Even if the guy is standing right there, he says he'll be right back and is off for an hour getting a Federal OK to use his damned keys.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy with glasses is almost always right there, super polite, and will wait as long as you like. I-40 and Macarthur. The cut-off is at 9pm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom