Is it odd to buy large amounts of ammo....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I bought ammo at Wallys....7.62x39...They ask me if it was for a pistol.......mmmmm O.K.
I usually buy online too ...never had a problem....the Mailman puts the 1k rds of 45 ..RIGHT ...in front of the door
Next time he ask me ...What the heck was that was so heavy...I told him ...he said Ahhh cool.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
congrats on buying at that time and sorry you had to go there....

the wal mart off I40 and rockwell typically won't sell ammo after 9 as well...

It's much closer to MacArthur than to Rockwell. As far as late night, I don't like the odds of having to pull my carry weapon in that parking lot. Can be a spooky place. Have been accosted there twice, but managed not to have to draw a weapon . . . CB

sky428

T2 Armory
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months ago I tried to pickup 10 boxes of 9mm at walmart but the they told me that Walmart had a 5-box max on ammunition purchases. So i grabbed 5 and then had my wife grab the other 5. The clerk could not explain why the 5 box limit was in place.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opening morning of any hunting season brings earlybirds to WM. I bought 12 100 round boxes of 12ga #8 on the opening day of Dove season for a meetup with friends from TX, years ago. Not a big deal on any day.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought some at Walmart I35 Edmond early Saturday ..about 630 am... the guy did not have a register back there so he had to walk me up front.

I turned around and started walking...he never caught up. I told the other person that works in that store once... "I'm armed... you worried about the ones in the gun too?" and he just started giggling.

Stupid Walmart.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buying 1k of .22 is no big deal when they sell bulk packs of 550.

I think when you go in and buy large qty of the pistol cartridges is when they look at you goofy. Anything else seems like no big deal. Really the limits are "per transaction" limits. So you could go there, buy 5 boxes of 9mm, pay, then buy another 5, pay, then buy another 5, pay. etc.

Not saying 5 is the limit but whatever they tell you the limit is just tell them to do that and it will work. Same deal, you can't buy a gun and the bullets for that gun on the same receipt, at least they didn't let me when I bought a Mossberg 702 Plinkster .22. I had to buy the gun on one receipt and close it our then buy the ammo separate.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always like it when they ask "is that for a pistol or rifle?" and I say neither.

They look at me funny and go, it has to be for one or the other.

Nope. It is for a machine gun.

Big eyes. Big eyes.

Went into one, a long time ago, in Texas and asked the lady if she had any 9mm.
She said, "Yup, I got lots of it. How much do you want?"
I said, "Lots of it."
"Well, I have three cases on the floor here."
"That will work."

Dave

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always like it when they ask "is that for a pistol or rifle?"

For those who may not know, they ask the question because of the minimum age requirement:
21 to buy handgun ammo
18 to buy rifle ammo

Of course from time to time you'll run into the know-it-all clerk who'll just go ahead and select the "pistol" option when you are buying 9mm, .40s&w, or .45acp.
If you have the time to kill and want some cheap entertainment....insist thay they un-do it and enter "rifle".
:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom