Is it odd to buy large amounts of ammo....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate Wal-Mart since they have destroyed "small business" in America.....and it has been several years since I stepped foot in ChinaMart. The last thing I want to do is support a company that sends American jobs overseas and has asinine policies.

If you spend your money at ChinaMart, you are encouraging more of the same.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate Wal-Mart since they have destroyed "small business" in America.....and it has been several years since I stepped foot in ChinaMart. The last thing I want to do is support a company that sends American jobs overseas and has asinine policies.

Maybe we can get them to carry Norinco Ammo then, but only for my Glock. I don't think the Beretta likes it.

Dave

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

<yawn>

Yeah... I love spending more to get less, having to drive around to more places to do it and have inconvenient hours and locations.

Wal-Mart sucks, doesn't it?

Sorry, dude... having lived overseas and knowing what it is like to NOT be able to get products at all, much less easily, cheaply and conveniently, I love Wal-Mart most of the time.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
<yawn>

Yeah... I love spending more to get less, having to drive around to more places to do it and have inconvenient hours and locations.

Sorry, dude... having lived overseas and knowing what it is like to NOT be able to get products at all, much less easily, cheaply and conveniently, I love Wal-Mart most of the time.

ditto. nothing wrong with buying stuff at walmart. i read the labels and buy american when i have the choice. even walmart carries american made products. for example: ammo, flags, dishes, guns, tires, paint, etc. i even bought some american made sports whistles. you have to be diligent and you may pay more(not always though), but you can find american made products at walmart.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to mention, I do not find any more "American made" products at small mom-and-pop stores than at Wal-Mart. No more at ALL. Those stores buy just as much cheap foreign stuff as anyone else.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
<yawn>

yeah,+this ^, move overseas and you find out how quick you miss walmart and home depot.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that we are totally off topic I'll tell you this! Best strange looks I ever got was when I made 4- 2wheeler trips of ammo out of a wannamacher show a few years ago.

SwampPapa

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Last time I bought ammo at Wallys....7.62x39...They ask me if it was for a pistol.......mmmmm O.K.
I usually buy online too ...never had a problem....the Mailman puts the 1k rds of 45 ..RIGHT ...in front of the door
Next time he ask me ...What the heck was that was so heavy...I told him ...he said Ahhh cool.

The register asks and the clerk has to push a button yes/no i always say "no" none of anybodys business
So last week i bought a hundred rds of .45 and the clerk asked "is this for a handgun?" My standard response"no ma'am"
she hit the "no" button she kinda does a shrug and quietly says "can't tell it by me" and bagged it
I just took it that she didn't like having a computer getting into her business either

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I bought ammo at Wallys....7.62x39...They ask me if it was for a pistol.......mmmmm O.K.

When I was younger I would regularly go to WalMart to buy ammo with my uncle. After being asked the "is this for a pistol question" about some ammo, he responded "no ma'am, this is for a crew serviced anti aircraft weapon." She did not know what to say.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The register asks and the clerk has to push a button yes/no i always say "no" none of anybodys business
So last week i bought a hundred rds of .45 and the clerk asked "is this for a handgun?" My standard response"no ma'am"
she hit the "no" button she kinda does a shrug and quietly says "can't tell it by me" and bagged it
I just took it that she didn't like having a computer getting into her business either

*sigh*

It's not about a computer getting into anyone's business, it's simply to determine whether the person is old enough to buy handgun ammunition,.
Nothing more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom