is this good advice??? I think not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last time I was in H.L.s, some cute lil' ol' teeny-bopper was workin' and she didn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. :rolleyes2

Randy and Loan are purdy sharp and I sure miss Ed Long (he's the bastard that sold me on Surefires) but the skirt needs to hang out with the guys a little more and learn something.

She was easy on the eye's, but she doesn't work there anymore, plus it show's how long its been since you were there!!!!!! :slap: :slap:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Much better a .22 that gets shot a lot than a .40 at the bottom of the hand bag gathering lint and make-up....Now as to the looks like a full sized gun, Granddad always said they should know you have a gun when they see the muzzle flash in their face and not a second before.

The sad truth is that 90% of all defensive firearms bought in the U.S. never see the light of a range. so I guess as long as it is a quality gun I wouldn't say much....UNLESS asked! NOw if the guy said I got this great Davis Derringer in .45 L.C. I might pipe up

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd probably make some passive comment that the lady should look at some other types before making a purchase. I'd also stop patronizing a gun shop with idiots working there. Unfortunately I've seen as many sleezy morons working behind the counter as I've seen knowledgeable folks.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd probably make some passive comment that the lady should look at some other types before making a purchase. I'd also stop patronizing a gun shop with idiots working there. Unfortunately I've seen as many sleezy morons working behind the counter as I've seen knowledgeable folks.

this guy apologized for his screwup on the ammo, there is a BIG difference between .32acp and .32 H&R mag.

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay i've got another story to share that i witnessed in one of our own sponsors gunshops. This woman was looking for a carry gun, the salesman whom i dont know his name pointed out a sig mosquito to the woman, and he said: "Oh you should get this because its just a .22 but it looks like a fullsize gun and it could scare someone away". Then he showed her a S&W .32 J frame one of the 4XX series that some elderly lady bought from the same shop and they sold her .32ACP ammo for it. I didnt think that was good advice trying to sell a woman a .22 just because it looks like "a bigger gun". what if she has to defend herself? Yes you can kill someone with a .22 but its much harder than with a .45

discuss

just have her carry an AR22 because it looks like an AR15, jeeeeeeeeeez

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a certain gunshop in Del City and there was a salemans pushing a plain jane 10/22 on a guy for $400 and making sound like it was a deal, and that he would even throw in a nice Tasco scope. I wanted very badly to tell the guy you can get the same 10/22 from walmart for $198 and the scope for about $20, but I bit my tongue because I really enjoy using the range and think you should do some research before shelling out $400 on a gun.

just went to that "certain gunshop" today and they were $200 over on a used shotgun.... OUCH! salesman did tell me they had no limit on ammunition like other shops did, to bad ammo was overpriced as well :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom