It's high time for a video of a great cop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
snipped...I think the guy carrying was trying to bait the cop into a response like the cop from the Ohio video.

It was pretty obvious wasn't it? I like how the cop picked up on it right off. The OC nut was a complete tool. Had that been me, at the end I'd have told the cop how impressed with his professionalism I was and thanked him for it. 'Prolly would have told his supervisor too. As a matter of fact I'd probably taken the video to the dept. and asked them if they wanted a copy for officer training.
Camera boy = :loser:

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your thinking!!! what an arse......

lol... an AF Sgt wanting to slap a former Marine and US Veteran... I'm guessing he'd smoke your arse! (speaking of arses...)

He was walking down the street in full compliance with the law and got rolled up on by a cop. He had every reason to whip out his camera and be extremely nervous. He did nothing wrong and acted appropriately. Just like every training session and lawyer I have ever heard says: keep your mouth shut and offer no information.

You guys slamming him are EXACTLY the type of people we should all be scared of!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
lol... an AF Sgt wanting to slap a former Marine and US Veteran... I'm guessing he'd smoke your arse! (speaking of arses...)

He was walking down the street in full compliance with the law and got rolled up on by a cop. He had every reason to whip out his camera and be extremely nervous. He did nothing wrong and acted appropriately. Just like every training session and lawyer I have ever heard says: keep your mouth shut and offer no information.

You guys slamming him are EXACTLY the type of people we should all be scared of!

No, anyone who doesn't recognize that OC scares the sheep is not thinking in accordance with the societal norms of their own community. A report is phoned in by a CITIZEN, and the LEO's have a duty to respond. If they fail to do so and someone gets hurt or killed as a result, the community has a valid reason to be angry with the agency. As a citizen exercising their right to open carry, it's his responsibility to understand that and it's in the best interests of the community to cooperate and understand the role the LEO is fulfilling. Standing on principle and the letter of the law like these folks who intentionally go out trying to goad LEO's into violating their rights on camera is standing on stupid. If a LEO did that to the citizens, he'd be disciplined for entrapment at the least.

Treat others (including LEO's) as you'd want to be treated. Standing on opposite sides of a line pissing at each other doesn't improve 2nd Amendment rights and relations anymore than it does to improve officer/citizen relations. :(

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, anyone who doesn't recognize that OC scares the sheep is not thinking in accordance with the societal norms of their own community. A report is phoned in by a CITIZEN, and the LEO's have a duty to respond. If they fail to do so and someone gets hurt or killed as a result, the community has a valid reason to be angry with the agency. As a citizen exercising their right to open carry, it's his responsibility to understand that and it's in the best interests of the community to cooperate and understand the role the LEO is fulfilling. Standing on principle and the letter of the law like these folks who intentionally go out trying to goad LEO's into violating their rights on camera is standing on stupid. If a LEO did that to the citizens, he'd be disciplined for entrapment at the least.

Treat others (including LEO's) as you'd want to be treated. Standing on opposite sides of a line pissing at each other doesn't improve 2nd Amendment rights and relations anymore than it does to improve officer/citizen relations. :(

OC was not a violation of the law in this case and therefore "the law" had no "duty" whatsoever to respond unless a threat had been reported regardless of how some sheep-le feel imo. If I am dribbling a soccer ball down the sidewalk along side a busy street I am one kick away from committing a felony. That doesn't mean LE has a duty to respond because someone in a car calls concerned I might kick the ball at them unless I openly threatened to do so.

People should be polite to the police, as I always am, but being polite is different than answering questions that are un-warranted and that I don't have a legal responsibility to answer. If I have broken no laws then it is none of their business who I am, where I've been or where I am going.

The police have one job, show up collect as many facts as they can and document them for the prosecutors. They are not our friends in these situations, are not looking out for our best interests and deserve nothing but basic respect.

For the record, I am former military, pro-cop, have a couple of cops in my family and all that so don't get the wrong idea. The point is, this guy did nothing wrong, as far as I can tell he was just nervous and didn't want to give out his info. To accuse him of "wanting to create a situation" or being rude or anything like that and calling him names is the typical oppressive bs you here from ignorant, oppressive cops, prosecutors, etc...

And as has already been mentioned in this thread, we wouldn't have seen this "video of a great cop" had this guy not put the video on YT so why not thank him for sharing instead of calling him a douche, arse, etc... and saying he should be slapped. That is all ignorant chicken-$%^ talk as far as I am concerned.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OC was not a violation of the law in this case and therefore "the law" had no "duty" whatsoever to respond unless a threat had been reported regardless of how some sheep-le feel imo. If I am dribbling a soccer ball down the sidewalk along side a busy street I am one kick away from committing a felony. That doesn't mean LE has a duty to respond because someone in a car calls concerned I might kick the ball at them unless I openly threatened to do so.

People should be polite to the police, as I always am, but being polite is different than answering questions that are un-warranted and that I don't have a legal responsibility to answer. If I have broken no laws then it is none of their business who I am, where I've been or where I am going.

The police have one job, show up collect as many facts as they can and document them for the prosecutors. They are not our friends in these situations, are not looking out for our best interests and deserve nothing but basic respect.
For the record, I am former military, pro-cop, have a couple of cops in my family and all that so don't get the wrong idea. The point is, this guy did nothing wrong, as far as I can tell he was just nervous and didn't want to give out his info. To accuse him of "wanting to create a situation" or being rude or anything like that and calling him names is the typical oppressive bs you here from ignorant, oppressive cops, prosecutors, etc...

And as has already been mentioned in this thread, we wouldn't have seen this "video of a great cop" had this guy not put the video on YT so why not thank him for sharing instead of calling him a douche, arse, etc... and saying he should be slapped. That is all ignorant chicken-$%^ talk as far as I am concerned.

I somewhat agree with your statement in bold. They are also expected to investigate to determine whether a law has been broken at all, given reasonable suspicion or probable cause. In the jurisdiction in question, OC is only legal if the firearm is unloaded. That gives an officer RS to investigate. Once the officer determined the gun was unloaded, he obviously had no intention of investigating further. Asking the subject for his name was not unreasonable. Neither was the subject's refusal to give it. The officer noted the decline and went on his merry way without the subjects name. He can however document that he asked for it and was refused. That way his superiors won't think him a failure in investigations 101.

As for polite, there's polite and then there's polite. More information is transmitted through non-verbal cues than spoken words. That's one reason that intent is sometimes impossible to fathom on forums. Sure, the words spoken by the subject were polite, but we can't see the non-verbal cues. The officer was polite, but I had no problems reading his true thoughts on the matter. He went through the motions to prevent a PR disaster, but he most likely thought the subject was acting foolish. I certainly think the subject was acting foolish for carrying an empty gun in the open. Just as entering an intersection on a green light is legal, doing so when a semi is running his red light isn't wise. There is such a thing as being "dead right".

I haven't called the subject names, but anyone can have a personal opinion about anyone else. After all, as you so astutely point out, it's a free country, right? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom