Jerked recipe bragging station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use equal portions of soy and teriyaki sauce, with a little Worcestershire sauce mixed in. Marinate for about an hour and arrange the slices on the dehydrator. Once they are on the trays, sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, and lightly dust with Cayenne powder.
I like them a bit chewey.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here is mine

OUR Original Jerky Blend
• 2 tbsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. black pepper
• 6 cloves of garlic, minced (or 2 tbsp. garlic powder)
• 1/2 c. soy sauce
• 1/2 c. Worcestershire
• 1/2 c. water
• 1/4 c. white or cider vinegar
• 2 tsp. of crushed red Pepper
• 4 tsp. liquid smoke
• ¼ cup sorghum molasses, or less
• 1/4 cup tobasco sauce
6 lbs. venison, cut into 1/4" thick strips

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just use whatever variety of Hi Mountain cure I'm in the mood for and smoke it with hickory...I like it a little chewy too so I don't smoke too long.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you do the smoking, I'm interested if it would come out better than the oven. How long and what temp? Do you just lay them on the grill, on foil?

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine got real easy this season. Had my elk processed(which is something I haven't had done in years with deer as I process them myself) The elk was just way too big for my set up.
Dropped it off as Clint and Sons in White Deer Texas on the way home. Several friends highly recommended them. I had whole muscle jerky made out of some of it and was blown away at how good their jerky turned out. They are also known for their jerky. I was upset that I didn't have three times as much made.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soy Sauce 3 parts
Worcestershire 1 part
some liquid smoke
some vinegar

That's the basic marinade

Add fresh cracked black pepper.

Usually I'll spice each tray with a different spice.

One of my favorites is a Morrocan spice mix called Ras El Hanout. Has a nice exotic flavor.

http://www.zamourispices.com/product-p/raselhanout.htm
"Our Ras el Hanout spice mix is packed with the aromas of over 35 different herbs and spices including cinnamon, cloves, and ginger as well as ethnic rarities such as ajwan seeds, galangal root, and kala jeera"

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you do the smoking, I'm interested if it would come out better than the oven. How long and what temp? Do you just lay them on the grill, on foil?

I lay it on cooking grates, helps hold the smaller pieces, and smoke at 200 degrees for anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on thickness and desired consistency. Go too long and it gets brittle...

Tastes far better than the oven or dehydrator, to me.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, I might have to try that this weekend. I usually get the seasoning/cure from the hunting section at Walmart and put it in the oven. It gets too dry and crispy so I have to eat it with a glass of water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom