Jerked recipe bragging station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine got real easy this season. Had my elk processed(which is something I haven't had done in years with deer as I process them myself) The elk was just way too big for my set up.
Dropped it off as Clint and Sons in White Deer Texas on the way home. Several friends highly recommended them. I had whole muscle jerky made out of some of it and was blown away at how good their jerky turned out. They are also known for their jerky. I was upset that I didn't have three times as much made.
Is that out by Pampa?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a set recipe, but I will list what I use.
2 parts soy sauce
2 parts worchestire
1 part liquid smoke
Usually add some the following: (to taste)
Garlic Powder
Finely Ground Cayenne Powder

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lay it on cooking grates, helps hold the smaller pieces, and smoke at 200 degrees for anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on thickness and desired consistency. Go too long and it gets brittle...

Tastes far better than the oven or dehydrator, to me.
This plus the Hi Mountain Inferno, with mesquite

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did this last Sunday and used some Honey Teryaki marinade I found in the cabinet. Cut the meat and put it in a mixing bowl with the sauce for about an hour or so. I left it on a little too long, so some of the smaller pieces were overdone. I also used too much wood during the process so it came out pretty smokey. Trial and error I suppose, I think I will do it again in the smoker next time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did this last Sunday and used some Honey Teryaki marinade I found in the cabinet. Cut the meat and put it in a mixing bowl with the sauce for about an hour or so. I left it on a little too long, so some of the smaller pieces were overdone. I also used too much wood during the process so it came out pretty smokey. Trial and error I suppose, I think I will do it again in the smoker next time.

Not a fan of jerky from the smoker.

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't like it on the smoker the couple of times I made it that way, but I guess it could've been something I was doing wrong. I like Hi Mountain Sweet and Spicy and Hunters Blend, and I prefer the oven but will sometimes put it on the dehydrator.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do some on the smoker. I use a jerky tray, it sort of looks like a cookie sheet with a screen bottom. I put the jerky on it, then line the regular grates with foil, to reduce the smoke. I use a couple of bricks to elevate the jerk tray above the foil. I can keep my smoker down around 180 degrees for a few hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom