Julius Jones Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What will Gov. Stitt do on the Julius Jones clemency issue?

• Grants Clemency

• Denies Clemency

• Does nothing

• Goes on another trip to a foreign country

Results are only viewable after voting.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know not much about this case and I am in no way anti capital punishment. That being said, I have no problem with life in prison with no eligibility of parole. I would rather a guilty man get life than the chance of an innocent man getting the lethal injection. Again, I am in no way against Capital Punishment. Just my .02, not that nay one cares. :)
That is the only argument against the DP that I don't have an answer to; at least one that entirely satisfies me. That is its' irrevocability. Once it's applied, that is it. It can't be reversed. So if a death sentence is imposed, the state had damn well better be certain that the accused is guilty before it is carried out.

I support the death penalty, but I think it should be reserved for the worst of the worst, and for those cases where any doubts are infinitesimal.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At what point do we see the evidence that so many have hung their hat on for his freedom?

I hope his lawyers have a plan beyond the media and celebrities involvement.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was the right decision. Even though we don’t necessarily agree with everything, there was enough area in question that the parole board felt that this was the right move, and they have seen far more information than any of us have seen.

And yes, I’m sure Stitt did pray about his decision. When you are holding a human life in your decision, that would be the right way to approach a decision.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has got me watching a lot of those true crime shows over the last few years, and with what I've seen on those shows, and the corruption and incompetence played out in real life (like the botched lab stuff here in OK a few years ago), the chance of an innocent man being convicted seem high enough for me that I'm almost ready to be against the death penalty.
Just watching the chit show around Kyle Rittenhouse makes me hope I never have to depend on the 'justice' system.

I'm still pro law enforcement and believe most LEO's are honest, but like a lot of our society, there's a lot of broken involved.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the reason I get pissed off each time I hear the term "white privilege" used . No matter what a convicted black person does if enough people piss and moan what a great guy he really is or how he was wronged, he can get a break. He didn't show any mercy to his victim and he didn't deserve any. Now he will just be another tax dollar waste on another loser. Justice wasn't served again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom