Just curious post: If you were forced to....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
People get nicer as you travel west and more assholish as you travel east, too. This is borderline undeniable.

That sure wasn't my experience. I mean, not talking about the NE, but from Virginia through the Carolinas for sure and into Georgia, I found the vast majority of people to be quite pleasant. Cities were still cities, and while I worked in Raleigh while I lived in NC for about 18 months, I lived in a much smaller town and found it quite pleasant. I could easily see myself moving back to NC, just not in one of the metros. I can't speak about Mass, Vermont, Maine, RI or any of those other places on the east coast. Although in NYC, people were fairly pleasant as long as you ignored them and they ignored you. Not hateful, just... oblivious, really. But the Carolinas and Georgia were great. I actually REALLY love Savannah, GA. Florida is... I dunno, prolly hit or miss? Depends on where you are. Again... small-town life is where it's at, if you ask me.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently moved from The Seattle area. The big government invasive ness and religious Leftism were unavoidable. The west side is grey and damp nine months out of the year, but as a result, is startlingly beautiful. The east side of the state is more desert. It gets more sunshine, as well as more hot and cold weather. It is noticeably less moon bat in its politics.

I would love to spend June thru October in RURAL western Washington and November thru May in South Florida.

Latest posts

Top Bottom