Kaw Lake fishing advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinomori

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just registered at this forum and hope you all are having good time. Well, I am originally from California, but live in Oklahoma for the last couple of months. I am planning a Kaw Lake fishing trip very soon, but I know very little about fishing in this area. Any tips and advice on Kaw Lake fishing will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Man! Those guys had some huge crappie! I know where that road bed is at.
Its great for sandies in late summer when the wind is blowing too:D

zinomori, are you going to be fishing from a boat or the bank? You can park and walk down the rocks at either bridge that Deer Slayer was talking about. This time of year, the reports I'm hearing is that the fish are in the 15 to 18 foot level, some on the brush and some on structure. Takes a pretty good fish finder, but there have been lots of brush piles that have been put in in those areas.
You might also try around the Osage cove areas as well, looking for drop-offs, and brush piles. There is a public dock that has brush on it at the Osage cove boat ramp. It gets hit pretty hard at times, but on a given day it can produce fish.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom