Kelly Ogle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a teacher, in a really rough (ghetto) elementary school...she thinks that it will not work...some of the teachers that I hear about are just as unstable as some of the kids...it's sad really. She would rather see more security measures in the school, than teachers with guns.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve met very few teachers that would actually pull the trigger when the time comes

Well, from what I understand, the principal at Sandy Hook actually charged at the killer armed with nothing more than harsh words and a sharpened pencil. I bet SHE (I think it was a she) would have pulled the trigger!

Plus, we should be talking about special training, like CLEET certification or something, for just a select number which would make it more likely that such an armed individual would provide an effective defense.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what makes anyone think 99% of the folks on this board would? Trained professionals freeze up. But without the option nobody pulls the trigger.

This.

Plus, we should be talking about special training, like CLEET certification or something, for just a select number which would make it more likely that such an armed individual would provide an effective defense.

Why place such limitations?

scubaokie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know our church has at least one OHP trooper decked out and armed each and every Sunday with his cruiser parked right out front of the church in addition to a group of Men ready to respond should something occur. Our Pastor also (somewhat jokingly) mentioned last Sunday that if there is ever a skit where someone is pretending to shoot the Pastor it is not a skit and to hit the ground because he will diving behind a pew. perhaps a few school staff could be trained and prepared even if not armed with a firearm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom