Killed 2 Blackwidow spiders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn things are everywhere because of the heat, I guess. At my in-laws place I've killed 2 black widers, one scorpion, and the exterminator just came out and sprayed around the house last Monday! My cousin killed 7 at her house just last week.

M

mikem1262

So far this summer I have killed 2 scorpions, 4 black widows and a pygmy rattler. I found a tarantula in the garage but I let it go, they wont hurt anything. The scorpions where in the house the rest where in the barn. Got to love the country, never know what you'll see out here.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One I killed earlier this summer: My son left his baseball glove outside a few days and for some reason I picked it up threw it down on patio real hard just to check and sure enough out came ms black widow.

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a big mature widow right above the entry door to the reloading room. Perfect hour glass. The fiddlers are everywhere. Getting to where I can identify those suckers mainly by color now and leg shape from 10 feet now I have captured/killed so many to confirm.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Familiarize yourself with Black Widow webs, they don't really look like any other spider. They are very wispy and look like they were done by a drunken spider. Once you learn to recognize one you can find widows a lot easier! Wasp spray works wonders on dispatching of them.

Here's a few tricks for scorpions, if you have a lot of them. Put the legs of your bed inside glass jars, scorpions can't climb them to get in your bed. Also, if you have a black light, scorpions will fluoresce.

C

Clay

I have seen nothing but dead fiddlebacks in my house since I sprayed the baseboards with pymethin I bought at Lowes. They walk across the sprayed area and dont make it another 10' and stop there to die. The spray last indoors for months (like 6-7) but outside the heat (and water) will break it down in a few weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom