Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can all agree on this right?

Attachments

• part0.jpg
    part0.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 89

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep the celebrity worship is what offends me along with his history with women that everyone wants to dismiss because of his celebrity status.

Not sure who on here is worshiping a celebrity. I don't think anyone here is walking around with a stiffy because it's Kobe Bryant but more so, they have a lot of respect for his abilities at being one of the greatest basketball players ever to have lived. Which he is. I'm also not sure many on here, if any, are giving him a free pass from his troubles in Colorado. Only two people truly know what happened in CO and one is now dead. Dennis, as long as you've been around I'm pretty sure you have plenty of people that you either respect, enjoy watching on TV, enjoy their movies, enjoy their books or even rave about the food in their restaurants. Some of these people probably have a checked past that makes Kobe look like a Saint. You seem to be casting stones.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure who on here is worshiping a celebrity. I don't think anyone here is walking around with a stiffy because it's Kobe Bryant but more so, they have a lot of respect for his abilities at being one of the greatest basketball players ever to have lived. Which he is. I'm also not sure many on here, if any, are giving him a free pass from his troubles in Colorado. Only two people truly know what happened in CO and one is now dead. Dennis, as long as you've been around I'm pretty sure you have plenty of people that you either respect, enjoy watching on TV, enjoy their movies, enjoy their books or even rave about the food in their restaurants. Some of these people probably have a checked past that makes Kobe look like a Saint. You seem to be casting stones.
I don't have celebrity worship of anybody and don't understand those that do. It's amazing watching people come unglued when they meet some celebrity that has been on tv or is a sports participant. They lose their minds, jump up and down, scream, and I for one don't understand it. The movie Twister was partially filmed in Ponca with all the "stars" around town all the time. We ate at the same restaurants, we saw them all the time but was never inclined to even acknowledge them other than mention to the wife that so and so was sitting in the corner table. She is of the same mind as myself.
I was once asked in some stupid team building meeting at work who was the hero in my life? I answered I don't have a hero in my life.
We all have a purpose in this life IMHO with some excelling at those purposes much greater than others. Some great leaders, some great sports players, some behind the lines that we never hear about or know about.
If any of those special people walked down the street in my direction, I might tip my hat to them as they walked by to acknowledge I'd recognized them but sure wouldn't fall apart at the seams because I'd see them or walked on the same sidewalk.
If anyone wants to come unglued at a celebrity sighting, that's your business. I don't understand it, and never will.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, that is really false for your statement. We have roasted Republicans all the time. I just did today.
What really is important is the the fact that we lost Marines, Army, Airforce, Navy and Coast Guard in defense of our country and you mock it in your post. Why did you do that? Those we have lost are much more important than a single basketball player that died in any accident with a jaded history, yet the media is in tears over it while giving just a small mention to our military lives lost.
I know your going to attempt to justify it with some reasoning, but that is what really matters.
The common American is what makes this country operate. Your mechanic, your roofer, Your police officer, your fireman, your military that keeps you safe at home in your home are the salt of this earth and their lives are much more important than a basketball player.
Celebrity basketball players that would have played the same game for $100,000.00 a year gladly get a ton more money from that for whatever reason I don't understand except for the ignorant public that will pay $1000 a game to watch them and the TV money.
I'm sure you have your reasons, and these are mine.

This is ridiculous.

You need to stop. This just makes you look incredibly myopic and small.

To compare the value of one life against another is horrible beyond description.

In general, I mostly agree with about everything you post. I couldn't possibly disagree more with most of what you've posted in this thread.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have celebrity worship of anybody and don't understand those that do. It's amazing watching people come unglued when they meet some celebrity that has been on tv or is a sports participant. They lose their minds, jump up and down, scream, and I for one don't understand it. The movie Twister was partially filmed in Ponca with all the "stars" around town all the time. We ate at the same restaurants, we saw them all the time but was never inclined to even acknowledge them other than mention to the wife that so and so was sitting in the corner table. She is of the same mind as myself.
I was once asked in some stupid team building meeting at work who was the hero in my life? I answered I don't have a hero in my life.
We all have a purpose in this life IMHO with some excelling at those purposes much greater than others. Some great leaders, some great sports players, some behind the lines that we never hear about or know about.
If any of those special people walked down the street in my direction, I might tip my hat to them as they walked by to acknowledge I'd recognized them but sure wouldn't fall apart at the seams because I'd see them or walked on the same sidewalk.
If anyone wants to come unglued at a celebrity sighting, that's your business. I don't understand it, and never will.

Fine, don't understand it. That's your business.

Stop judging those you don't understand.

Seriously, be ashamed.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree...to a point...but, I saw Farrah Fawcett once in Vegas, in the hall of circus Circus. whole different story LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom