Legal Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I know it's illegal for a MMJ card holder to buy a gun from an FFL. But, is it illegal for one to buy from an individual FTF? The reason I'm asking is, I had a guy contact me off armslist and for some weird reason he mentioned he had his card, which seems a bit odd to me. Also, wants me to drive all the way to Ardmore from Rogers county.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I know it's illegal for a MMJ card holder to buy a gun from an FFL. But, is it illegal for one to buy from an individual FTF? The reason I'm asking is, I had a guy contact me off armslist and for some weird reason he mentioned he had his card, which seems a bit odd to me. Also, wants me to drive all the way to Ardmore from Rogers county.
Sounds like a setup to me. By mentioning he had a card and you make that trip to sell a gun to him you may be meeting a undercover cop. By making the trip you are showing intent to break the law. I am not 100% sure but that is the way I see it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a setup to me. By mentioning he had a card and you make that trip to sell a gun to him you may be meeting a undercover cop. By making the trip you are showing intent to break the law. I am not 100% sure but that is the way I see it.

That's what I'm thinking, he asked if said gun was "registered" in my name. I said we don't have gun registration in Oklahoma. Also, asked if I would have a bill of sale, I said in Oklahoma it's cash and carry, no need for bill of sale, then made some offhand comment about what of its stolen, I said no I bought it from an FFL.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking, he asked if said gun was "registered" in my name. I said we don't have gun registration in Oklahoma. Also, asked if I would have a bill of sale, I said in Oklahoma it's cash and carry, no need for bill of sale, then made some offhand comment about what of its stolen, I said no I bought it from an FFL.
More documentation to hang you with in court is what I am hearing.
I wouldn't have anymore contact with this individual. It just don't sound kosher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom