Lets see your home defense shotgun pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
c0547532-800px-wm.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve kept a tactically set up Benelli beside my bed for over 25 years, but in this world of criminals in disguises showing up at people’s houses at 6:01 in the morning, I decided something with a little more “punch” might be in order. I may go down in a “home invasion”, but if I get off a shot, whoever gets hit with a 286 grain pill out of this ain’t going to see the sun rise tomorrow either.:thumb:
IMG_1847.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

Last edited:

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1000000561.jpg

Good 'ol double barrel 12 gauge. It has a distinct intimidation value and I can sit it by my bed loaded for 20 years with no springs compressed. I sleep in cut off blue jeans (no you don't wanna see a picture) and keep a pair of walk in Sketchers by my bed. I can get up and slip my 1911 in my back pocket (instant holster). Cock the ears back on my scattergun and be ready for 03:00 visitors in just a few seconds.
If two loads of 12 Ga 00 blue whistlers and 8 rounds of 45 ACP hollow point don't do the trick, I probably should have been running instead of shooting....

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve kept a tactically set up Benelli beside my bed for over 25 years, but in this world of criminals in disguises showing up at people’s houses at 6:01 in the morning, I decided something with a little more “punch” might be in order. I may go down in a “home invasion”, but if I get off a shot, whoever gets hit with a 286 grain pill out of this ain’t going to see the sun rise tomorrow either.:thumb:
View attachment 481110
View attachment 481111
Good lord. Put some wheels on that field artillery.. be easier to move around.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 481110
View attachment 481111
Looks like a good home defense caliber. How about over penetration concerns, any drywall tests? Lmao

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 481110
View attachment 481111
How's the shoulder?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like a good home defense caliber. How about over penetration concerns, any drywall tests? Lmao
I live in the middle of nowhere in a metal barn with shiplap interior wall covering, and I have a 200 yard range off my porch. It’s 300 yards over a hill to the highway and 600 yards across two pastures and over a hill to the nearest occupied house. If a person gets hit by a stray bullet on my place, they were somewhere they weren’t supposed to be.
How's the shoulder?
I’m not going to say the gun doesn’t buck and snort a little, but it’s honestly not as bad as you’d think. I have a Ruger M77 Ultralite 270 Win that my parents bought for me when I was in high school that kicks worse.

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live in the middle of nowhere in a metal barn with shiplap interior wall covering, and I have a 200 yard range off my porch. It’s 300 yards over a hill to the highway and 600 yards across two pastures and over a hill to the nearest occupied house. If a person gets hit by a stray bullet on my place, they were somewhere they weren’t supposed to be.

I’m not going to say the gun doesn’t buck and snort a little, but it’s honestly not as bad as you’d think. I have a Ruger M77 Ultralite 270 Win that my parents bought for me when I was in high school that kicks worse.
Well said. I’d like to see some entry and exit holes that thing causes

Latest posts

Top Bottom