Like it or not, we are opening back up....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I feel good about this.
Social distancing was working to "flatten the curve" as they say, but now we are going to stop doing this to restart the economy.
Now we are going to be experimental animals to see just exactly the cost in lives will be to restart the economy much earlier than the medical experts recommend.
I suppose I'm being selfish since I probably have a much higher than average chance of dying if I can't resist COVID-19.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats cute, sporting venues, there won't be any leagues operating for the remainder of the year, what a lawsuit bonanza that would be.

No concerts. That would be as well.

Restaurants hopefully have sick tight insurance policies if they open up their dining rooms.

This will age well, like all your other predictions.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting take

If Half the Country’s COVID-19 Deaths Were in Montana, Would New York Shut Down?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/04...FYCJiS4bnUszGu-BNgsZLj4y1x459q6EdqHOvG57OXpyw

There are a lot of interesting takes out there. This is a top tier piece. What I see is people don't want to go out and about due to fear of catching the rona, but they also don't like the government telling them they can't... so they naturally rebel for the choice to go or stay rather than the order. It's wild, bunch of pro-choice conservatives who would stay home if not ordered to.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of interesting takes out there. This is a top tier piece. What I see is people don't want to go out and about due to fear of catching the rona, but they also don't like the government telling them they can't... so they naturally rebel for the choice to go or stay rather than the order. It's wild, bunch of pro-choice conservatives who would stay home if not ordered to.
I've posted in another thread about this, but this gets to the bottom of this government led pandemic isolation orders.
There are states that have not forced their citizens into mandatory cells like dimocratic ran states have.
One of the states governors actually said they would hunt down violators of the social distancing regs.
Comrade De Blasio the mayor of NYC has a tattle tail line to report those that violate social distancing with a $1000 fine. His line has a lot of negative comments and forum non appropriate pics in response.
Good for the people of NYC!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This will age well, like all your other predictions.
Sort of like beautiful miraculous game changing drugs.

Edit: OK that was unfair. You didn't put on a top hat and hawk it like another extra in Dr. Trumps Medicine Show, but you pushed it pretty hard based on what little was known.

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I feel good about this.
Social distancing was working to "flatten the curve" as they say, but now we are going to stop doing this to restart the economy.
Now we are going to be experimental animals to see just exactly the cost in lives will be to restart the economy much earlier than the medical experts recommend.
I suppose I'm being selfish since I probably have a much higher than average chance of dying if I can't resist COVID-19.

Sweden had no lockdown but capital could see 'herd immunity' soon, expert says
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/22/no-...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sort of like beautiful miraculous game changing drugs.

Edit: OK that was unfair. You didn't put on a top hat and hawk it like another extra in Dr. Trumps Medicine Show, but you pushed it pretty hard based on what little was known.

I never touted it as such. I was cautiously optimistic. Several people have recovered on it, and I know of two personally.

Now I know when you get all serious you've got a bit of a chip on your shoulder about this administration, so I assume you're referencing the latest "study" which is garbage.

Here's the fun part, Dr Raoult, the virologist that conducted a study examining 1000 patients showed on HCQ, showed no ill side effects and favorable results. He issued a pretty damning and reasonable response to the study.

https://techstartups.com/2020/04/22...nse-biases-study-critical-hydroxychloroquine/

Then there's the fact that it was given after patients were too far gone and on a vent. My wife has seen that here locally. Not that you care, but this is a zinc ionophore, it restricts the virus to binding to cell sites and will inhibit replication. If you are already at an extremely high viral load, and going through the "cytokine storm," this will be of little use. That is known.

Either way, the press won't care an Gilead is sitting back and laughing, I'm sure a resemdivir preliminary study will hit the presses soon. In which I'm hopeful that one works too, but since Orange Man Bad didn't say much about it, and Gilead is behind it, it will get a free pass at a much higher price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom