Like it or not, we are opening back up....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And all this time I thought it was my responsibility to protect myself and my family, not everyone else's. That's what this lockdown is all about. We must shelter in place to protect all those people who are at risk, even if no one in our house is in the at risk category, right? I guess we should also just give up our guns and transfer that responsibility to the gubment as well. I mean, they do know whats best.

I just find it ironic that everyone here states how its their responsibility alone to protect their family yet are willing to have the government dictate to us what we need to do to protect everyone, even when those actions can have severe detrimental effect to our economy.
I dont think the lockdown is JUST to protect people, but imagine the economic crisis had this virus taken a larger hold. It about the good of the country as a whole.
Yes this economy hit now seems like a big one but it would be shadowed by a much worse one had we not taken one for the team.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think the lockdown is JUST to protect people, but imagine the economic crisis had this virus taken a larger hold. It about the good of the country as a whole.

The problem I have with that is this "flattening the curve" makes the virus last longer. And I get how it was supposed to help hospitals cope with the influx of patients in dense urban environments, but its hurting everyone. At what point do we put the health of a small segment of people over the financial health of the nation?

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing many do. However we know that this isn't a normal situation, regardless of how many folks want to pretend it is.

What's abnormal about practicing normal personal hygiene? That alone can curb the spread of any number of diseases.

I get that folks are mostly concerned due to the fact that we don't have a vaccine available, but still we can get back to something resembling normal without tanking the economy.

One benefit of this will hopefully be a push to streamline all sorts of aspects of our society and change folks' minds about teleworking, etc.

Greta and AOC are loving this I bet.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh please, that response was devoid of any logic. All I was saying is we should not sacrifice the economy to protect those who fail to protect themselves.
Should we have shut down travel from or to the US at the very least?
Guess what, That damaged the GDP of our economy immediately with little unemployment from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom