Look for small OU coins or medallions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am ordering a set of custom knives made by S.Potts (randallss7 here on OSA) as a father/son gift set for my boy. I'd like to have some small round coins or medallions inlaid into the handles, so probably along the 1/2" or so size. Metal type is up for grabs, I'd be interested in real gold or silver (solid or plated) but am not set on it.

I've looked at a couple of sites and I am not seeing anything really that small. Anyone have any ideas? Something maybe the size of a small pendant you'd have on a necklace, or in a ring (like those 90's-era coin rings, maybe?).

Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what suggestions there are. They don't have to be a Franklin Mint-type medallion, even just something with a simple OU logo and a gold or silver backing would be fine. Doesn't have to be fancy, or expensive, though as I said, I am open to buying something really nice if it will fit well and look swell. :D

I'd need 4, probably, one for each side of the two knives. Or maybe 2 types in pairs, larger/smaller, or left side/right side.

Hook me up, bros! :D

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a jewelry store on North Western...to the West of Western.

Where Bishop McGuiness H.S. is in that area West of Western maybe East or North East of the Druken Fry.
East of Classen, West of Western in the 40th to 50th street??!!

R and S jewelry?? Dang, I can't remember, anyway they have a ton of small trinkets, medallions, medals, Masonic items, real watch fobs...in gold, silver, platinum, stainless. I'd try there.

R and S, R and J...something like that.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ball mark coins for golf, any proshop in Oklahoma will have OU logos. Not precious metals but round.

Ahhh I've found a bunch of these, and they look like pretty much what I am looking for! I don't play golf, so I'm not sure how big these are, but from watching on TV, it seems they are maybe the size of a dime or so? Which would be the perfect size... I'm surprised I'm not finding any in precious metals, though? I'd think being a golf accessory, there would be some big-baller types for whom there would be a market for those.

Any other suggestions? Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Top Bottom