Lovin my lcp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another option, that is more expensive however, is the Kahr P380 if you want really small, or the Kahr PM9, which is about the size of the LCP. If you don't believe me google it :). The great thing about the Kahr is that they have actual sights, you can get night sights as well, and the slide locks back when empty. Both important features to me. Granted most people will never see their sights in a self defense situation, and is why I recommend crimson trace laser grips for any novice shooter who doesn't put the time in to practice quickly finding sights under stress, or who only have a gun to just have for defense and don't practice at all.

Side note, I hate the lasermax laser that they have on some lcp models, as well as other guns, because now you are asking the same people who won't see their sights to now find a tiny button to push to activate there laser, all in a split second. Stupid design.

I love the PM9 with the magazine extender as it has actual sights and is just the right size to shoot, carry, hide, and I can still carry one of the best ballistically proven rounds, the 9mm Federal HST 124 grain +P.

If budget is an issue, the LCP is still a great choice, just don't by the lasermax version.

When we were shopping for my wife a pistol, we rented both of those kahrs, really nice guns, I liked the .380, that thing was tiny. The main reason we went with the lc9 was the grip on the pm9 didn't suite my wife, actually after 10 rounds the web of her hand was bleeding, but they are very nice if you have the $$

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw in some gun catalog where you can get 12 round mags for the LCP's. Might be a little hard to conceal. I've had my Keltec P3AT before the LCP's came out. I really like the concept of a pocket pistol like this. The premium .380 ammo works well in tests. Corbon 90 grain in mine, with the laser sights.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I've been carrying the Kahr PM9 for many years now.

Originally, I was looking at a Kel-Tec 9mm for the sake of economy, and the gun dealer handed me the PM9 also.
There's a reason why a Kahr costs more than a Kel-Tec.

I had a multitude of Garands, M1 Carbines, Hakims, FN-49's, PSL/Romak 3, etc., that each one cost more than the PM9, and they sit in a gun safe.
My CCW would be the one most likely to save my life.

Since printing is no longer really an issue, I now carry a full frame semi-auto, but I'll always keep my PM9.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just gonna add this because there's been a lot of good info added on holsters and what not.
The little belt clip that fits the KelTec 380 will fit on a LCP also.
Just take a slight bend on the mounting end.

Latest posts

Top Bottom