Man we got deer.......and tactical turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're thick with deer this year. I was telling my brother in-law that we almost got hit by a turkey flying across the road. (We have one of the best of several years building up the stock till now we are full of them. Any way, back to deer, sis has a lot of property under one fence. It circles a lake and they have places for the cattle and a lot treeded up. He counted 97 does. I said they have a lot of land but you darn near see that many just driving home at dusk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of areas have a serious overpopulation of does. When I hunted a DMAP, I'd have to drive about 4 miles to get to the barn where we checked in the does and pulled a jaw. I counted over 80, and it was last day of deer season. We had already killed 40 of them. The alfalfa field was bare dirt 50 yards or so outside of the tree line where they had stripped it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of areas have a serious overpopulation of does. When I hunted a DMAP, I'd have to drive about 4 miles to get to the barn where we checked in the does and pulled a jaw. I counted over 80, and it was last day of deer season. We had already killed 40 of them. The alfalfa field was bare dirt 50 yards or so outside of the tree line where they had stripped it.
The hunters love it. Some folks don't even move far from camp and do well with a doe

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had more fawns jump up in the hayfields this year than the last few years combined. I haven't hit one with the disc mower yet. It's always a crappy feeling when you mow the leg off of one that stayed bedded down.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're thick with deer this year. I was telling my brother in-law that we almost got hit by a turkey flying across the road. (We have one of the best of several years building up the stock till now we are full of them. Any way, back to deer, sis has a lot of property under one fence. It circles a lake and they have places for the cattle and a lot treeded up. He counted 97 does. I said they have a lot of land but you darn near see that many just driving home at dusk

So, you and your sister are going to share access to this land for population control, right? :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom