Many do not have a cell phone NO TEXTING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can’t convey or express your thoughts in 4 or 5 sentences or you have to take 10 or 15 minutes to express it use the 2 minutes it takes to call… JMO

I hate to negotiate on the phone, give me a real person to talk to🥹

As far as a land line loved mine but it was $55 a month though AT&T

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than in a storm my land line was always there and I didn't have to worry about all the spam, unwanted text, or security risk involved, as well as the pre loaded spyware and tracking JMO

Who cares about power outages when you have one?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Text all you want, but I don't have a voice-mail set up and haven't for years. I can see the number that called.....I'll call you back of needed....and the primary reason is that I got tired of going into my voice-mail and listening to "hey call me back" 10 times a day. Call who back? Oh the number that I can see on a missed call without leaving a voice-mail lol. Voice-mail is so pointless.

We've been without a landline for almost 20y. It was all static during dry weather, it was completely dead during wet weather.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah for real i use google voice and it's actually really awesome.

you can choose your number. type from a computer. text yourself the way you can e-mail yourself (so like if you need to get something from your phone to your computer, just text it sms to yourself on your google voice number, then you can access it on your computer, etc) lots of advantages to using a voip like google voice.
Idk what any of that means and we don't have a desktop or laptop computer.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Text all you want, but I don't have a voice-mail set up and haven't for years. I can see the number that called.....I'll call you back of needed....and the primary reason is that I got tired of going into my voice-mail and listening to "hey call me back" 10 times a day. Call who back? Oh the number that I can see on a missed call without leaving a voice-mail lol. Voice-mail is so pointless.

We've been without a landline for almost 20y. It was all static during dry weather, it was completely dead during wet weather.
Funny. I won't usually call people back unless they leave a voicemail. If it was't important enough then, why now?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was very resistant to texting for the longest time. Then the company gave us phones and we were required to text for most things. I hated it but gradually got used to it.

I still don't like doing it on a phone. I do it on my computer most of the time. I get really irritated, though, when someone wastes 3 or 4 hours of on and off texting to ask me several questions about an item that could've been easily handled with one 2 min phone call or one text with all their questions.

Reading an ad without pictures that says "text for pictures" gets a hard pass every time...regardless of how much I might want an item. I just don't get why you'd want to text pics a dozens times over just posting them once.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have criteria I use to decide if it should be a phone call or text.

If it does not require an immediate response, does not require detailed or technical explanation, and is not expected to generate more than 8-10 volleys of question and answer, I text it. Anything else is a call or a road trip. I prefer to have sensitive conversations in person so I can see a person's face and body language to steer my tone in the conversation.

Overall, I guess I view phone calls as intrusive because I feel obligated to answer a ringing phone. That sense of obligation makes me very annoyed if it is just a chit chat call or some basic piece of info that couldve been sent in text for me to read when I finish whatever problem and 97 spreadsheets and charts I am trying to wrap my head around at the time. It isn't the callers fault, but I automatically process it in the same tone as a kid that hasn't been taught to wait until the adults pause to interrupt haha.

Man, reading that typed out makes me think my wife is right. I may look like Im in my 30s but my soul is an 85 year old Eastwood growling at everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom