Many do not have a cell phone NO TEXTING!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I text quite a bit. Usually more efficient. Something that annoys me is when you are browsing facebook or whatever when you are on the phone with me. Or texting with someone else while on a phone call. FOCUS please. Mainly a marital problem, but still.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went years without a cell phone, and then the wife decided that I needed one so that she could contact me whenever she wanted to, so we got a simple flip phone for me. Over time, she kept trying to get me to upgrade to a better phone, and I did once to a non-flip phone and the butt dialing started. So, I got away from having the dang thing in my pocket.

Wife finally upgraded her phone to a smart phone, and over time I noted that it was pretty handy that while traveling, she could look up places to stay or to eat well before we got to where there was a town. I finally broke down and got a smart phone a few years ago, and it has been nice to have. However, in my case, I use the "smart" more than I use the phone for making calls.

Recently though, I got rid of that "brick" of a phone hanging on my belt that caught on things all the time and got one of those Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 phones. With it flipped closed, it fits into a much smaller pouch on my belt that hasn't caught on anything.

And like others, we don't have a land line anymore. In fact, since we moved into our RV for living full time, we've been very content with just having cell phones. When we had a land line and answering machine, that was usually a hassle if we weren't at home to take the call.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For sale items and stating Text me I left a number.

Bug off! Some of us Bloaks only have a land line.

Good day.
Bed time now. :)
Some have laughed at you, however you may be ahead of the curve and start a movement. I could save $150 a month if my wife and I got rid of our smartphones and more over two to three years because of the need to "upgrade" equipment. 90% of my calls are from "cable" companies, people who want to "fix" my computer or internet, sell me silver coins (from companies I have not solicited, offer me auto warranties or other crap. I also get scam texts. My home phone, silent except for calls I want to get. Been trying to ween myself away from it. I leave it at home, my wife however tells me to bring it with me. If I got rid of my smartphones I think I may save $7,900 over 3 years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom