Mark Wayne ask “what jobs have you created?”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't get behind that. Net worth isn't connected to salary for business owners.
https://www.businessinsider.com/sen...eading-income-argument-union-president-2023-3

" Mullin's biggest source of income wasn't his salary. He reported between $200,000 and $2 million in income in 2012 from two family companies, Mullin Plumbing Inc. and Mullin Plumbing West, and another $15,000 to $50,000 from shares he held in a bank.

In 2011, Mullin also made well over $50,000. His salary was over $77,000 and his other income from the same two businesses was also over $200,000. He also reported over $50,000 in rent that year from Mullin Properties."

https://www.businessinsider.com/sen...eading-income-argument-union-president-2023-3

In 2013, the Office of Congressional Ethics alleged that then-Rep. Mullin received more than $600,000 in outside income from his companies, which is well above the congressional limit. The House Ethics Committee closed its investigation into Mullin in 2018 and ordered him to repay $40,000 to one of his businesses.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We want to ***** about them, but think back to the election. Would you have been happier with the other side?

We (the people) need to find candidates that meet our qualifications, and then work hard to get them elected, and then support them after they are elected.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We want to ***** about them, but think back to the election. Would you have been happier with the other side?

We (the people) need to find candidates that meet our qualifications, and then work hard to get them elected, and then support them after they are elected.
Most people we would want in Congress, wouldn't want to be in Congress.

And I can't blame them.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Admittedly some might think they are going to do good things but the reality is once they arrive the reality sets in that ball must be played to get their good cause acted on. Next thing you know you're voting to send billions to Ukraine so the other guy will vote for your project which will improve things at home for your constituents.

Then the other side goes up there because they know its a pathway to wealth and power they couldn't attain were they forced to compete in business as they have no merit. Look how many elected Democrats have literally known nothing but politics as a vocation. They go to college and straight into government or sometimes run office immediately.

Government and elected office is all corrupting and evil and needs to be reigned in by the electorate . The one thing I feel the founders did wrong was not instituting strict term limits. In their society and context it really wasn't as much an issue because most were more moral than the people we have today. Society becomes more immoral over time though and what we have going on in the world today is proof of that.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

And....since he's filthy rich, it's no problem for him to be victorious in the Republican primary.

Then a bunch of limp-wristed fear mongering zombies will vote for him, simply because he has the R by his name. Then claim a vote for anything else is a vote for the D.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what a tool
"I started with nothing", my dad gave me a plumbing company.
He lost me at $35,000 for a feeder driver. He does not know what he is talking about FOR SURE.
He stated he paid better wages and benefits and would love to be to verify that!
Markwayne Mullin must be a magician. He kept his salary around $50,000, but his net worth (when he was elected in 2022) was over $30M.
Buddy of mine in the trades said nobody likes him too...said he was arrogant and such. Lotta rich folks are.

I just need him to protect the bill of rights and stop funding foreign wars...if he is a jerk but does that, then so be it.

I saw a story where he did supposedly stop a bloodbath of protestors on jan-six though...the cops were going to start mowing them down and they said he reminded the cops the protestors were unarmed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom