Meddling old people.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So this may seem petty but three times this week I have seen old people stopping and picking up signs along the sides of the roads. Theses are the small ones that look like political signs but advertising tree services, or fence repair, etc.

Now whether or not you like those signs, this is starting to bug me:

1. These people did pay for the signs, someone else did - so they are basically stealing.
2. The people who placed the signs are at least trying to work which helps our economy and these people, while enjoying the benefits of our economy such as getting their social security and medicare, want to curtail the business that funds their life.
3. Even if the signs are placed illegally, these people are not LEO's - Taking the law into their own hands here is vigilantism at best.

These people need to mind their own business and not worry about things that don't effect their life one bit.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3.bp.blogspot.com__PIBS3GrOocw_TPwkNTwmH6I_AAAAAAAAA5I_mq_1WOr_KBU_s1600_angryoldman.jpg

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe they need to call those business, and tell them that if they don't have the money to do effective (and legal) marketing such as billboards, print ads, radio ads, online banner ads, newspaper ads, and direct mail, that perhaps they should engage in social media marketing, which is free, legal, and not an eye sore to their community?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it is great!

I for one would like people to quit putting these things in my damn yard! Super Dave is welcome to though. Prime Stillwater corner but other than that I get really sick of picking up tree trimming, political, garage sale, Beer\Pop cans, etc. The 25 feet from the major street is a utility easement not city owned, If I “OWN”, sod, weed and mow it, keep your crap off it!

There are very few actual public places where this is ok. Someone owns almost everything and maybe they don’t like trash on their land either.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate people that litter. Those folks put up signs and leave them for as long as they'll stand and after they blow down there's just the litter. I think Tulsa needs to start writing tickets and enforce the laws.

Latest posts

Top Bottom