Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just about to throw in the towel up here. Covered a couple of new places and one that's produced the few years even through the drought and found zero today. I've seen some pics of guys who've been filling decoy bags around the OKC area.

Slicktricktj

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just found and ate my first morels today and am definitely hooked! Found only 3 while out messing around the deer lease near Clayton.

How long does the morel season last? May be able to get out to look for them one or two more times depending on how long they will be around.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. I think it depends on where your located. In Kay county, ours just came on. hard freeze tonight, so they might not come up again for a couple of days.
In the southern and central parts of the state, we will have to rely on reports from folks in that area.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for someone willing to take me out on a Morel hunt .. located in Tulsa .. will to drive to meet up.
Please PM ... thanks in advance!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morels are a figment of the imagination, they do not exist.

My buddy and I went to the spot where I found the mother load after our fishing trip.

Not one new one. I'm needing to do some reading how they germinate, spread, whatever, and become more informed.

Does one leave the "foot" in the ground. Do they reproduce from spores?

Dunno. I'll check it all out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom