Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm a little slow but I can't figure why you would need a knife for hunting morels. They are so delicate to just break off above the dirt line.

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's that time of the year again! Took the daughter out morel hunting for her first time she loved it did pretty good too don't know if it's because she is closer to the ground or the wonders of youthful eyes.
i1029.photobucket.com_albums_y358_cnkforever1_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps079fb7a0.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice haul! It seems finding them is a learned thing? I can walk through an area, and see nothing, but all of a sudden when you see one, it trains your eye and you see them everywhere. I think we are supposed to have a frost tomorrow morning, so I'll wait a day or two more to get out.

RT66

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have recently relocated to the Stillwater area from Western Oklahoma and need some guidance as to where I can (legally/public land) find morels in the Stillwater area. Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

rt

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a technique of if I find the first one I stop and start turning and looking in circles. A lot of the time when they are on the backside of leaves or branches you don't see them until the sun reflects on them.

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morels are a variety of mushroom. I have ate the morels and beef heart varieties but do not try different one because some are poisonous.
We cut them in half or thirds lengthways and put them in salt water overnight. We either do an egg wash or just coat them in flour. Fry them in oil with a couple of tablespoons of margarine or butter added.
They are as good as steak or better. If we had enough we would eat them three times a day at every meal.
Some of the gourmet shows just cut them in small pieces to add to dishes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom