Morning fellas! Got a rehab question for you rehab types ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:coffee: OK ... surgery's 5 days behind me ... I've not been able to exercise in fully 2 years and I need to start doing SOMETHING ... :boxing3:

Recommendations?? I tried yoga yesterday and OMG ... I think I might have bit off more than I can chew with that. :o I get tired so fast it's not even funny, in fact it's kind of scary. I can always recall being a "little heavy for my age" :o but I have never been this out of shape before.

I know myself well enough to know that I need something I am able to track my progress with. I'm a record-keeping freak that way. :o

Jeez, I've made way too many confessions in this post ... Oh, well, now is not the time to be shy ...

I'm guessing P90X is out, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ... I wanna be HAWT for my coming out ... :naughty:

Besides, my black eye from falling out of bed the other day makes me look really tuff now ... LOL

:tounge::tounge::tounge:

Thanks, guys!!:fallangel

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Run. A good running routine will incorporate both distance and speed training. You can track times and distances to your heart's content and always strive to add another mile or shave another few seconds.

Lift. Develop a balanced weight routine for the days you don't run. You can track numbers of reps/sets as well as numbers of lbs.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Running is good, but until fully healed I would suggest walking to start. Later if you have access to a pool swimming is great.

Of course you now have to worry more about sinking. Not as much buoyancy as you used to have. :naughty::naughty:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL at RickN!! Well, let me tell you, based on how tight this 36C bra I have on now is, I'm guessing I'm still pretty friggin' bouyant. :grumble: GC is pleased ... I am, well ... disappointed. But as I've not been able to be active for a while now I'll chalk some of this up to just needing to get up and get moving. I will give Dr. H this -- he was honest in his assessment of what he could do for me. I have perfectly "imperfect" boobies. I am, for the most part, very happy with how they turned out so far.

Problem is everything I see is "get ripped in 30 days", "lose all the weight you want in 48 hours" and I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't real good at sticking with any ONE thing even when I worked out before. I tend to get bored quick but I do like to track my progress ... Before it was with the bathroom scale because no matter what I did I still looked the same in the mirror (i.e., gigantic B.O.O.B.S., liiiittttttlllleeee-bbbiiiitttttyyyyy feet ... :o). Now that I can actually SEE the rest of me I think it would be nice to take a healthier approach to getting healthy and not try to kill myself in the process.

I'm completely worn out after one lap around the back yard. Today's as good a day as any to see how far around the block I can get. Duke would like it, I'm sure. He's just as lazy as I am but he misses our "social hour" with the old guys across the street ...

I dunno ... maybe I should join a gym ... I feel like I need some guidance here and just thought I would check in with the experts ... :naughty::tounge::thumbup3:

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week isn't really enough time to heal up from surgery. Just chill a week or two. Tiny steps and all will be well. That p90X crap is for people in shape. Just think, one lap around the yard yesterday, two laps today. Then pretty soon you'll be wanting to go around the block and even further.

My point is just go slow. If you get hurt it will take longer to heal up and all that.

So when is the Mosin shoot off?

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start a running program
I coach a "Couch to 5K" one that is great. Most start out at running 1 minute walking 3. Then you progress from there.

Mix in cycling and other crossfit type workouts

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My back/neck doctor told me to start walking one week after the surgery, but to avoid impact (running, jumping, and falling). I started walking. I walk a long way at a fast pace. Start small. I went a block or two more every day.

Since yours is not the spine, but is something that does bounce (oh yeah:naughty:), I say let your pain be your guide. Walk. A little faster, and a little further every day. Before you know it, you'll be a ninja.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aqua therapy.. #1. You don't have to swim.. just walking in place and fanning your arms in the water can cause a lot of muscle resistance. And it is easy on the joints. When I was in my auto accident.. I had to go to several months of physical therapy for my back.. which included 6 weeks of water arobics 3 x's a week.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB after a lifetime of combat sports, and wrestling, that led to surgery I cant run on a hard surface without my knees swelling up. So, I use an elliptical. I would start walking either indoors or out, Yoga is great you just have to build up to it... 1 week after surgery will not likely give you an accurate assessment of where you are cardiovascular wise. Don't give up on yoga you need to build up to its rigors. Jiujitsu is a great tool and is both aerobic and anaerobic. You have some great clubs in your area with real deal BJJ, they just may be costly. Lastly get the app my fitness pal for your smartphone it is a handy tracker of: weight, meals, calories, cardiovascular, and anaerobic exercising.

Latest posts

Top Bottom