Morning fellas! Got a rehab question for you rehab types ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
K, guys ... some of you have answered questions I didn't even know I had. I'm kinda surprised at how slowly I've bounced back from this surgery compared to my others but I got to thinking that really, I have the option to not jump up and start running at full speed immediately (thank you, GC!! :) ) so that may be why I feel like such a slacker right now.

I figure that it's good that my body is telling me to get up and move, I just don't want to injure myself in the process. I can't tell you how many times I've thought that something the docs have done was gonna fix me up right and for a little while it did work, but then I wound up right back where I started. I've now come to the conclusion that I've got a few things going on that are causing me problems. So ... a little at a time. This was one step of a few I've had planned to take this month and next to see if I can get straightened out and on the right path once and for all.

And PH, Dude, you get a special mention here ... I am not only a little surprised, I am also humbled by the fact that you gave me a straight answer without being all ... well ... "Purplehaze"-ish on me!! :D I kept looking for the punch line ... :naughty: Good on you, Dude!! :kiss: :tounge: :naughty:

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Bouce back", haha!! Good one Patti.
I'd recommend a recumbent bicycle for the next week or so. Good for your legs, gets your cardio going but doesn't have the impact to bother the girls.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
]"Bouce back", haha!! Good one Patti. [/B]I'd recommend a recumbent bicycle for the next week or so. Good for your legs, gets your cardio going but doesn't have the impact to bother the girls.

Haha! Duh!! I didn't even catch that one!! You know, I hadn't thought about a bike ... hmmmm ... GC's not gonna be happy with you!! LOL

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call the YMCA, it's gotta pool, spin bikes, etc... I know it's summertime and the place is full of kids. you might give it a shot, just next door to the Bethany library on Mueller.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Water aerobics class, not just swimming. It takes all of the strain off the joints and provides natural resistance. Swimming is very tough to just jump into. I believe transformations in Edmond has an indoor pool and offers water aerobic classes. It will increase flexibility, tone muscle, help burn fat, and is very easy on the joints as it takes most of the impact out. My father in law, 60, is doing them after a hip replacement and it is helping him tremendously.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the recumbant bike, Patti. Really good cardio workout without hurting anything else. Good to know you're itchin' to get movin'. Now I know you're on the mend. Walking is got a good start for all over muscle tone and easy to track your improvement. Watch your posture, bend your elbows and swing your arms so your hands come up higher than your shoulders. Bend your knees like you're in marching band and BREATHE. LOL, I sound like your gym teacher, don't I.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would suggest you start with walking, running is too hard on your joints at our age. The key is to mix it up, I also like cycling, it is a great cardio workout and you cover alot of ground so it is interesting. Beyond that I would look at Insanity, it's a great program, you don't need any special equipment, and it will kick your butt into shape. I still can't do everything like they do, but the key is that I try, and every time it gets better. I like P90X but I would do Insanity for a couple of months before you dive into P90. I actually do my own hybrid of P90/Insanity/Cycling/walking.

You think you are a record keeping freak? I can tell you over the last 6 months how many times I worked out, how many days I skipped, what my total calorie burn is, how much I have lost, and what my peak and average heart rate is over the period, I even have charts....

What I have discovered is without question exercise is a key component, but diet is as well. I spent the first 4.5 of the last 6 months "thinking" I was eating OK, and my weight loss was decent but nothing relative to how much I was working out. About a month ago one of my Customers introduced me to myfitnesspal.com, I track my exercise and eating there everyday, and have really ramped up my weight loss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom