Morning fellas! Got a rehab question for you rehab types ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so now my name means smart alek response? I have become an OSAism?

And PH, Dude, you get a special mention here ... I am not only a little surprised, I am also humbled by the fact that you gave me a straight answer without being all ... well ... "Purplehaze"-ish on me!! :D I kept looking for the punch line ... :naughty: Good on you, Dude!! :kiss: :tounge: :naughty:

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we lived in Edmond, the Y there had probably 20 different weight machines upstairs to work out different muscles. For each machine you logged into a display and it would give you the weight, reps and settings from your last workout. It also counts your reps for you on each machine. You can follow your progress online as well. There was a point system involved with how often and how hard you worked out. From a motivational and cross-training perspective, this system would be ideal to keep you motivated.

I can't remember what the system was called but it is probably available at another facility somewhere a little closer to home for you. You may be able to call over there and ask them what the system is called and if it is available elsewhere. It may even be worth the drive for a couple months to help jump start your new routine.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assuming from the comments you had BA surgery. If so, here's the best advice...don't do anything! It's extremely easy to ruin all the work the surgeon did and pushing things can cause a myriad of nasty problems. Seriously, do as little as possible with the exception of what the doc says is ok. If you want all the docs hard work to pay off you'll suck it up and get lazy...if you push it, you will pay for it in both pain and aesthetics.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to get in touch with my friend Shane. Go to his web site and get his contact info. (trainedbyshane.com) He can help you with a plan for your rehab and can also help with a diet plan. If you look at him you will know that he is an expert on fitness. He has a gym in Mustang and you can use his gym 24/7. He is a great guy and can give you common sense advice about working out. He does great with helping women train as you will see when you go to the web site.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assuming from the comments you had BA surgery. If so, here's the best advice...don't do anything! It's extremely easy to ruin all the work the surgeon did and pushing things can cause a myriad of nasty problems. Seriously, do as little as possible with the exception of what the doc says is ok. If you want all the docs hard work to pay off you'll suck it up and get lazy...if you push it, you will pay for it in both pain and aesthetics.

Not BA. She had BR surgery.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the recumbant bike, Patti. Really good cardio workout without hurting anything else. Good to know you're itchin' to get movin'. Now I know you're on the mend. Walking is got a good start for all over muscle tone and easy to track your improvement. Watch your posture, bend your elbows and swing your arms so your hands come up higher than your shoulders. Bend your knees like you're in marching band and BREATHE. LOL, I sound like your gym teacher, don't I.

LOL, yes you do!! I miss you already. I know why you are where you are but one of these days you really need to come home. Seriously, you'd pick a dust storm over this lovely bunch o' fellas?? ;)

so now my name means smart alek response? I have become an OSAism?

Oh, my ... another first ... it that a hint of sensitivity I see there?? ;) (YouknowIloveyoulongtime,right? :D)

Oh, Lord, no!! I just got rid of the damned things ... (:lookaroun Opps, sorry guys ... I know ... LOL) One thing I've learned though over the years is that folks tend to put off things that are painful because, well, they are painful. Back in the day, the doctors told you to suck it up and get moving. Now days, doctors give you a pain pill and tell you to do what you feel like doing. If there is one thing I've learned in the last couple of years it is that you have to be your own advocate. Go to the doctor, listen to what they have to say, do your own research and take control of your own medical treatment. Otherwise you will be stuck in the huge black sinkhole that is the American medical system.

Fortunately there are plenty of medical professionals (and sickos) here who are willing to help each other navigate the system a little better than the hit and miss method. (And I thank each and every one of you!! Those of you who prefer PM to posting know who you are!! :kiss:)

You need to get in touch with my friend Shane. Go to his web site and get his contact info. (trainedbyshane.com) He can help you with a plan for your rehab and can also help with a diet plan. If you look at him you will know that he is an expert on fitness. He has a gym in Mustang and you can use his gym 24/7. He is a great guy and can give you common sense advice about working out. He does great with helping women train as you will see when you go to the web site.

OK, this is tempting. He might be able to keep me from wandering all over the place trying to figure out what to do first.

I go in for my post-op with Dr. H on the 30th. All he's said to me is "do whatever you feel like doing but DON'T TOUCH THOSE STERI-STRIPS" :lookaroun Uhmmmm, Oooooooo-kkkkkkkkkk ... I feel pretty good in the mornings but a little not so in the afternoons. Think I'll stick with little walks around the back yard several times a day for now. I do "have an appointment" with the darlin' JBT for breakfast in the morning, so I think I'll drag him to Academy to look at recumbent bikes. That seems like it might be the most feasible thing for me right now.

I'm a little leery of taking off down the street and finding myself a little green around the gills unexpectedly. That seems to be my MO right now ... Feel great, really good ... Oh, wait, not so much ... LOL It's a real up and down kinda deal ...

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the before and after pics. :rubhands:

LOL ... Well, "before" pics are non-existent (as far as I know), well, except for those pics somebody snuck of me at that ENS several years ago.

After pics are coming ... Mostly because in a moment of weakness I promised (see if that happens again before hell freezes over LOL). Give me 90 days to heal up and then I'll make the appointment with the picture guy. I gotta make sure he'll let me bring a few of my favorite toys ... :lookaroun GOOD GAWD, I'M TALKING ABOUT MY GUNS!!!! Sheesh ... :oops3: I'd say sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Don't get too excited -- You know I'm a lot more tomboy than showgirl ... :sorry4:

This is probably TMI (but when have I been shy??) but I'm having a worse time with irritation from the adhesive from the steri-strips than I am with the actual incision lines. Me and that medical tape stuff do NOT like each other ... :cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom