Neckbeard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find it really interesting that folks can't seem to recognize sarcasm when they read/hear it.

That said, I've been known to miss it myself.

I think when writing something sarcastic, it should be an unwritten rule to include an emoji, use a different font. Many sarcastic comments or comments made in jest fall flat when written as text cannot convey tone or timing which is essential in spoken sarcasm.

I could say "Nice Shirt!" or Nice Shirt!" in person you would know if I like your shirt, or if I am busting your balls... In text you have no clue.

Since most people on forums do not know people personally, you can't always tell intent of a comment.

Mostly, I think that the human brain doesn't cue in on every word when reading. It filters to get the gist without bogging down on the details. Which is why you really slow down when reading something of importance. This could explain why its easy to overlook a key word which changes the meaning of the statement.

Finally, read this quickly without pausing... its very interesting.

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t think they were all neckbeards. I saw a couple of lawyers I recognized. They got their stuff and then headed to Yukon to get more stuff. Slick I tell ya. Really slick. I think they beat me out of the 9mm by mere seconds. I shoulda drove faster and thrown caution to the wind.
9424A83D-19CD-456A-8736-9D8269CEBAC7.jpeg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So easy for Academy to resolve that. Stop putting ammo out first thing on Monday and Thursdays. Just randomly put some out through out the day on different days of the week. Those guys ain't got all day. Okay maybe some of them do that get paid monthly on the first.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think when writing something sarcastic, it should be an unwritten rule to include an emoji, use a different font. Many sarcastic comments or comments made in jest fall flat when written as text cannot convey tone or timing which is essential in spoken sarcasm.

I could say "Nice Shirt!" or Nice Shirt!" in person you would know if I like your shirt, or if I am busting your balls... In text you have no clue.

Since most people on forums do not know people personally, you can't always tell intent of a comment.

Mostly, I think that the human brain doesn't cue in on every word when reading. It filters to get the gist without bogging down on the details. Which is why you really slow down when reading something of importance. This could explain why its easy to overlook a key word which changes the meaning of the statement.

Finally, read this quickly without pausing... its very interesting.

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
I think hes being sarcastic.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So easy for Academy to resolve that. Stop putting ammo out first thing on Monday and Thursdays. Just randomly put some out through out the day on different days of the week. Those guys ain't got all day. Okay maybe some of them do that get paid monthly on the first.

I think Academy just wants to get it over and done with.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOW MUCH YOU SELLING THE FIOCHI FOR NOW?
True story I had 3 boxes of that Fiochi in an ammo can I forgot about. I gave one away last week to an amigo with a new pistola. So now I only have 2. Don't tell anyone, I am only a neckbeard on the internets. Too much work to be one in real life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom