Need A Private Fishing Spot Near Moore/Norman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to find someone that might have a private farm lake or pond that they'd be willing to allow me and my daughter (7 years old) to fish on. We just started fishing public park ponds together, but I'd like to find something more private.

We would be very respectful of your property and always leave it better then we found it. I'd be willing to compensate you for the use if so desired.

I'd love to find something near Moore/Norman.

If you have anything or know someone that we could contact please IM me let me know.

I'd really appreciate it.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a private catfish pond that a family friend of mine has open during the summer time on saturdays only. He charges $2.50 a pound but if you go there be prepared to have a good time, spend a lil change, and possibly give away some fish bc you dont want to pay for em all lol. I went there this past weekend fishing with chicken liver and between my uncle, grandpa, and I we caught 15 catfish.

Sure I know the fish cost a lil change (my Unc always paid) but the memories my cousins and we all had yanking fish out through the yrs is priceless. Its in MWC/Spencer so if you dont want to go up in that neck of the woods i understand but pm me if you want the info.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you can get a list of state stocked ponds from the state department of wildlife

Private property or not if a pond was stocked by the state the property owner must allow the public to fish on it. They cannot charge you to do it.

That does not pertain to ponds where the property owner stocked it on his/her own nickel. They can charge you what ever they want and should.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you can get a list of state stocked ponds from the state department of wildlife

Private property or not if a pond was stocked by the state the property owner must allow the public to fish on it. They cannot charge you to do it.

That does not pertain to ponds where the property owner stocked it on his/her own nickel. They can charge you what ever they want and should.

Property owners with state stocked ponds cannot charge for fishing, but they DO NOT have to allow the public fish their ponds. All they have to do is grant permission for wardens to check fishing licenses of those fishing the pond.

6. Law enforcement personnel are allowed to check licenses of those fishing in your pond. However, you do NOT have to allow other people to fish in your pond.

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/wildlifemgmt/farmpond.htm

OP, people are pretty guarded about their favorite fishing holes, especially on the internet. I'm not familiar with OKC, but NE Oklahoma has a ton of small municipal lakes (water supply lakes for towns usually) that offer good fishing. Google earth and look for blue might be a good option. Often require a city permit.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why in the world should our public $$$ stock a private pond that has zero public access???

1. Farm pond owners are "the public". The ODWC is mostly a user pay, user benefit system. That's a benefit.

2. The can let people fish on it; they just aren't required to. You get into real hairy stuff when you force a private property owner to let anyone and everyone on their privately owned property.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are ponds you can fish at at the Little river park in Moore on 4th street just west of telephone. I walk my dogs there and I never see anyone fishing there but they do have signs saying fishing is allowed.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Werewolf im not sure if you went on the stock pond tangent bc of my post or not (i assume so) but the guy made about 4 or 5 ponds on his property and filled them by his own means. He loves to fish so he made them for himself and family friends but then it slowly grew into a part time $ maker for him.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are ponds you can fish at at the Little river park in Moore on 4th street just west of telephone. I walk my dogs there and I never see anyone fishing there but they do have signs saying fishing is allowed.

Yeah, we went there Saturday morning. It's a good spot becuase of the playground being beside the pond. The fish though......we cought about 15 perch about 3-4 inches long (seriously) and about 10 catfish that were about a maximum 6 inches long. The ponds are just to young and fish to small. Good spot though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom