Neighbor lost his tree yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bark makes me think it’s a lace elm. If I’m wrong it could also be a sycamore but I think it’s an elm

Surely it’s an elm.

Nobody in their right mind would plant a sycamore. I have 2 that are over 50’ tall. If the wood was worth anything I’d give them to someone for cutting them down because of the god awful mess the roots & balls make. As it is, they’re too big for me to drop and I’m not paying to have two 50’ trees dropped & hauled off.

Gotta be a decorative of some sort.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather have a sycamore than a sweetgum.

True. I also have a couple of those. They are worse than the sycamores. Not quite as tall, but still too tall for me to drop.

Both as fragile as a cracked egg shell. Limbs break and fall off on the regular. Ice storms decimate them, but they appear to be incredibly resilient. Suckers abound. From the roots growing above the ground to the tops.

It could be worse. I have a buddy that had a birch tree that croaked. He replaced it with a cypress. Gorgeous tree. Planted it about 4-5 years ago. It is beautiful. In a circle about 15 feet around the tree his yard is being over taken by cypress knees. It’s awful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom