Neighbors scalped my yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's usually a bunch of trash and rocks from their driveway on their side so I don't mow it, maybe I will though. Yes my yard is long in the pic. I've already mowed it. After 105° sweating in the hanger all day coming home to mowing doesn't get done like it should. but about ever other week it does. This is probably the longest it's been.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an issue an hour ago with sorry neighbors. Walmart delivered our order to the house next door. The neighbor told the driver it wasn't their order and he left it there anyway because the labels had their address on the bags. The neighbor knew by the name on the bags that they belonged to us but, he didn't bother to let us know that they had our order. Our order included frozen foods that sat out on their driveway for at least 30 minutes in 92-degree heat. My wife had called Walmart to see where our order was and that was how we found out about the mistake. Then the Walmart driver came back to the neighbor's and brought the order to us. Maybe we can get better neighbors when their house sells.
The nerve of people and they are the first to scream when things don't go their way

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I let my grass get really long before I cut it...

anim_coffee.gif
grass.jpg

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mow a few neighbors yards for free but I talk with them about it.
That small section is close enough to your yard i would think it would be in your best interest to mow it for them.
Really not hard to mow a small section of grass.

Maybe because I have great neighbors and I am one also.
I have even mowed some yards in the neighborhood that are too tall.
Wife reads on a neighborhood page about tall grass and neighbors bitching.

Quit bitchin and do something.

I will also say when new people move in this neighborhood that are within seeing distance of my property I make cookies and take them a batch.

How many neighbors still do that. I am only 55 years old so that is not in my age group.

Absolutely the best response. Growing up we had a neighbor that had many issues, but this old man mowed infrequently and when he did mow, he'd scalp the yard. Dad always expected me to mow our yard and all the way up to the side of the neighbors' houses and sometimes I would even mow the front yard.

Also, from the picture in the OP that isn't scalping the yard. They just cut the taller green part of the grass off, literally no harm was done. Scalping is when you see dirt and grass stubble.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may have already thought of this. If you want good neighbors try being one. Go talk to them and see if they would let you take care of the grass from their driveway over to your yard. Maybe the same on the other side of your yard. All the smartazz ideas are funny but could land you in court or jail.

Latest posts

Top Bottom