Neighbors scalped my yard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User_3155

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's usually a bunch of trash and rocks from their driveway on their side so I don't mow it, maybe I will though. Yes my yard is long in the pic. I've already mowed it. After 105° sweating in the hanger all day coming home to mowing doesn't get done like it should. but about ever other week it does. This is probably the longest it's been.
I've dealt with similar neighbors in the past. As crappy as it it, I'd pick up their crap and mow that strip for them. It's easier on the blood pressure.

Ahall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shape looks like a d
But not carefully enough executed to be an obvious aggression.

When you talk to them offer to mow to the edge of the concrete. Then you have put fort a reasonable solution to protected your investment. Their reaction to a reasonable solution will tell you more than their reaction to direct confrontation.

If they don’t go for it you have bigger problems and getting revenge is likely to escalate into bigger trouble.

If you think escalating is likely get some cameras

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a neighbor's yard crew do that to my yard several times in Bixby. I spent a ton of time and money making the yard look amazing and those clowns would do that. I got home one day and the crew was still there and had once again scalped my yard like that. I might have lost my cool on the mower operator....they might have never come back and it was never an issue again.
…..”in Bixby”…. Wasn’t that the hometown of Roy D Mercer??

I apologize- I can’t help but chuckle every time I hear or read about Bixby.

Water the grass, it’ll grow back, life’s too short

Masnor

Marksman
Reaction score
It is like a bad haircut. Get over it. It will grow out.
To speed that along:
Water the entire lawn in the morning for a week.
Apply low (or no) nitrogen lawn fertilizer to the whole lawn.
Continue to mow. It will look fine in a week. Probably better than it did.

How about mowing that little strip so they don't?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Knew a guy, had an obnoxious neighbor. Tree was just across neighbor's property line, but growing into his roof. He talked to neighbor about trimming tree and got a big FU.

I told him to get up on roof. Drill holes in the tree, fill them with rock salt and Round-Up, then plug hole with wax.

The tree died. Complained neighbor and City, several times. A limb broke off and fell on his boat. He filed against neighbor's insurance, showing documentation of complaints to City.
Insurance paid him. Canceled homeowner policy. City fined him and then charged him for tree removal.

Neighbor moved a couple months after.

Try civil discussion. If that doesn't work, complain to City on overgrown weeds.
I would dig a ditch on property line. Run a concrete footing and stand pavers on end in the concrete.

Good fences make good neighbors, but an ******* will always be an *******.

Latest posts

Top Bottom