New signs on previous unposted businesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fist_rothbone

Marksman
Reaction score
I wonder why that's a more positive note. Maybe because it ONLY prohibits OC, and still allows CC?

Yea- there's actually some history to the Moore Theatre signage. They had originally put up "No firearms permitted" right around the time the OC bill passed and before Nov 1. This signage remained for some time (I am assuming...because I was upset and stopped frequenting after it appeared)...
Anyways..a couple weeks after the release of "The Dark Knight Rises" and the unfortunate Aurora, CO shooting, a group of us decide to go to the Warren (knowing the sign was there) BUT it had changed- to its current "No OC Permitted" language. This, I thought, was clearly a good call in the wake of that Dark Knight shooting.
Sure, most of us would prefer no freakin signs at all, but I was pleased to see that someone had actually re-thought their policy and made a good compromise.
Although, it may be a Pyrrhic victory.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went back to the Blair All American the other day and gave them one of my NO GUNS=NO MONEY business cards and the manager told me the lady owner had the sign put up after a couple of strangers came in with open carry when the law passed. The owner just lost her husband to a heart attack 3 months ago and I'm hoping she sees the light. My bank has a no weapons sign and they know I carry. I mentioned their name here once and the bank manager called me over to his office the next time I was in there. He told me that the management had a program that notices when their name is mentioned. He said they just didn't want any gun fights in the bank. Of course I told him that we don't want that either and people that carry know not to get involved unless their life if threatened. So I still carry and bank with them and my 90 year old father still has his life savings with them. If they ever push the issue we will pull out though.

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
google has a deal you can set up that sends any feedback to your user account if specific key words are picked up... for example if you have a unique company name, its easy to see anytime Google's web crawlers index the name when they're parsing through new data.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the Blair All American is no longer a gun free zone. I spoke with the owners brother and they had so many complaints and I think loss of business that they took the signs down. I even ordered pizzas there last night.

Ron

greezypete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baileys outdoor shop here in Ada now has a sign that says " no loaded firearms allowed"

I was going there yesterday looking for some OO buck shot. When I got up to the door and saw the sign I got back in the car and left.

There are other places that dont have signs that will get my business.

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Baileys outdoor shop here in Ada now has a sign that says " no loaded firearms allowed"

I was going there yesterday looking for some OO buck shot. When I got up to the door and saw the sign I got back in the car and left.

There are other places that dont have signs that will get my business.

An "outdoor" shop that bans legal weapons? That is just wrong!

I don't recall LGS or box sporting goods stores up in the OKC area that are "posted" with the gunbuster signs... but I could have overlooked them, and I don't frequent Dick's for other reasons.

Concealed is concealed...

LL

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buffalo Wild Wings In ba posted up, sucks cause i loved that place

Edit to add
I just sent them an email expressing how they won't be getting anymore of my or my families money, be interesting to see if I get a response

Last edited:

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Georgia ccp and prefer to carry this way and regardless of what any sign says on a local business I will be carrying. I travel all over OK and I don't even bother looking anymore.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 is my motto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom