New Streaming Option For Cordcutters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a Kodi user, but isn't this what people are selling the jail broke fire sticks for?

Reminds me of Napster and Limewire different format of course.
Yes
Amazon has dropped all of the prebuilt and configured devices so you either have to install and configure on your own or buy from someone besides amazon.
Some of the addons that stream copyrighted content are going away because the content providers are gearing up for court fights.

Edit to add: I have Kodi installed on my own Fire TV box but I only use it to stream content from device to another device inside my own home network.
The interface is nice and the flexibility is unmatched in another streaming application I have found.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently gone the streaming route and will say that I think Sling TV SUCKS. I can watch all kinds of stuff on Kodi...my buddy can do online gaming in 4k...but if you wanna watch something on Sling be ready for skips, pauses and all kinds of annoying crap. If it were the ISP...it would do that with everything, but its just Sling. Not worth the money IMO.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently gone the streaming route and will say that I think Sling TV SUCKS. I can watch all kinds of stuff on Kodi...my buddy can do online gaming in 4k...but if you wanna watch something on Sling be ready for skips, pauses and all kinds of annoying crap. If it were the ISP...it would do that with everything, but its just Sling. Not worth the money IMO.
I've had 0 issues with sling and I like the channel lineup.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a call from atlink last week letting me know they installed a new tower in earlsboro. So they are supposed to come out Friday and see if I can get service. I couldn’t last time so I don’t expect it to be any different just because a tower is closer. But hopefully it works and I can get good service. I know it’s a gamble with atlink. On a positive note, they said that tower is able to get up to 25mbps. If I could get half that I would be thrilled. I’ll let you know what happens.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a call from atlink last week letting me know they installed a new tower in earlsboro. So they are supposed to come out Friday and see if I can get service. I couldn’t last time so I don’t expect it to be any different just because a tower is closer. But hopefully it works and I can get good service. I know it’s a gamble with atlink. On a positive note, they said that tower is able to get up to 25mbps. If I could get half that I would be thrilled. I’ll let you know what happens.
There's a reason they called you. They must think your in range or they wouldn't have bothered

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks...let us know how it works. I've considered Atlink also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom