New Streaming Option For Cordcutters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It amazes me how much stuff is on Kodi. A friend of mine was showing me all of the addons on Kodi on his Amazon Fire TV Stick, and the interface was pretty good on the streaming addons. Occasionally, he would get a bad stream, but you could just jump to the next stream in the list.

It's kind of wild when the pirated interfaces are better than Netflix.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since it seems as though we have some hip individuals here, I've got some questions.. We have skylink out of stroud, supposed to be 5 mbs up and 5 down.. Haven't seen this but it is typically useable.. We have Netflix which we enjoy and an OTA which gives us the locals.. Question is what is the least expensive way for us to stream some additional TV, we have not seen the walking dead since moving out of Shawnee in October.. Our thought was a Roku and sling TV.. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as we have gray hair and are not any to hip to electronics..

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our thought was a Roku and sling TV
This is what I currently have. Sling has some good channels that I feel makes it worth the $20 monthly fee and Roku has other free stuff preloaded when you buy it and when you connect it and do the setup, you can go to their website and add other channels - some free, some not.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great free channel on Roku is Pluto TV
You can also watch on a computer or mobile device

http://pluto.tv/guide/

Thanks for this. I'd never heard of this before. (It's like the more I know, the more I know I don't know.) :)

All of these are great suggestions unless you live in the sticks and have a metered service.

If you're in the sticks nothing really beats satellite for TV. Or just over-the-air with the Channel Master DVR that has been talked about in here.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandson came over last night and added Pules CCM Build Kodi (Ares Wizard) on my Firestick and I didn't know how much more was able to be received on Kodi. Movies, old and new western movies-a heck of a lot more than just the routine. The only thing is I got my VPN up and running and can't get on some sites because it hides my IP address from prying eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom