Non-1911 cocked and locked pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beretta 9000s in 9mm or 40SW

They are discontinued now. They can be carried 3 ways - cocked and locked (hammer cocked and safety on just like a 1911) or DA/SA with or without safety on.

I bought one as my first pistol for CCW back nearly 8 years ago. It was a very accurate and reliable gun, but the grip was big even for my large hands, and my hand would tend to ride up and I would get a bite from the slide every once in a while. I sold it last year to get a Smith and Wesson 642.

TMA-1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus PT-99 in 9mm. Since it's a DA/SA pistol, I usually carry decocked rather than cocked-and-locked, but it's nice to have the option. I have been shooting this pistol for several years. Since June, I have used it for IPSC Production and Steel Challenge competitions. Great gun!

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot more than I thought. Never heard of the Sig X5 until now.

I believe the Fabrique Nationale FNP pistols offer a variant that allows for cocked and locked.

Yep - the FNP-9 would be one of my favorite pistols if it weren't for the horrible placement of the safety/decocker that with my hands, gets depressed everytime I try and use a thumbs-high grip when firing this pistol. Other than that, it is probably the best American-made plastic pistols out there.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usp's can be had in 9 modes but most are sold in the double action on the first shot and single action on all following shots or till you decock mode.
HK USP modes
single action with safety/sidle lock & decocker
single no decocker
single action no saftey

double/single with safety & decocker

" " on other side of gun
double only
double only with controls on other side
Really there is only about 3 modes (single/single-double/double only)plus moving or removing the controls .

Latest posts

Top Bottom