Non retired Vet question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's good...I see way to many people who encourage others to 'work' the system and cash in for stuff. Apologies if that wasn't your intent.

I do have a rating, for blowing out a knee in Afghanistan, but since I'm a retiree my overall benefit is reduced.

It just seems that some of the stuff people are getting compensation for is laughable....like sleep apnea. Really, the miltary caused you to have sleep apnea and you should get a check for the rest of your life for it? Crazy....

To each their own I guess.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey, I got sleep apnea but no I didn't claim for it. The VA is really screwy on how, why and what it compensates for. I also don't get that I am rated 50% disabled but compensated at 40% (the whole man concept). And 40% is not 40% of the 100% compensation rate. 40% is $622 a month and 100% is $2,924 a month, how does that compute? The biggest jump in compensation is going from 90% to 100% which doesn't make sense.

And thank you SMS for your service and welcome home.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys I worked with just got 80% rated for having an ejection seat fall on his head and knock him out. Yes you read that right, I was standing 5 feet away when it happened, sad part is he did it to himself unintentionally.

At some point I need to start my paperwork for my Tinnitus, being around jets for 10 years did a heck of a number on my ears, only crappy thing is I have to travel to OKC to do the stuff with the VA and trying to get time off work doesn't always pan out.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys I worked with just got 80% rated for having an ejection seat fall on his head and knock him out. Yes you read that right, I was standing 5 feet away when it happened, sad part is he did it to himself unintentionally.

At some point I need to start my paperwork for my Tinnitus, being around jets for 10 years did a heck of a number on my ears, only crappy thing is I have to travel to OKC to do the stuff with the VA and trying to get time off work doesn't always pan out.

Slightly off subject here but when did this happen? Im LEO on Vance and I didnt hear about it LOL.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This got me thinking. I've never had to prove I'm a vet other than for some job applications. I like the idea of the drivers license vet annotation.

I highly recommend all vets go to this website and request multiple copies of their DD214 for safekeeping. It's free for the veteran.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

Last edited:
X

X Army MP

TCummings said:

Tinnitus is only 10%

I have TBI, PTSD, and no regrets.

X

X Army MP

dennishoddy said:
Personally, the Veterans Advisor at the American Legion in Ponca can get you on the right track. He travels to other posts, but I don't know his schedule.
Yes, you are a Vietnam era Veteran, and you will be given benefits if you need them.

That dude is awesome

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my lifetime for free from the VA because of 80% disability. Saved me around $900

No, you got it from the state of Oklahoma. The US Dept of Vet Affairs verified your percentage to the state. The federal government can't issue no cost lifetime state license. That is a state benefit like no cost car tags and tax cards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom