Nope on Tesla....or Any Other EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste much time worrying about crooked politicians not taxing EV's! If there is anything these people are good at, and take seriously, it's taxing us peons!
I'm more worried about where all the extra electricity is coming from? If EV's catch on, that will likely lead to EV trucks? We can't meet the demand for electricity during peek periods now, if that doubles, or triples, where will that come from, nuclear power plants?

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to mention the cancers that will become more prevalent from all the people riding around on-top a giant electromagnetic field. If libs want to take a vax or expose their nads to EMF voluntarily, then that is their business...but they always try to mandate it so our side has to do whatever they say as well.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does it cost to charge out on the road?
Depends on place, time of day, and how many Kw you needed. Or, about 5x the best deal at home. Using rough numbers, I spent $125 to travel 1200 miles. My Toyota Sienna might have cost about $190 at South- Mid-west gas prices. The real fuel savings would be with local use. FWIW, traveling with kids in a Sienna is much more enjoyable!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on place, time of day, and how many Kw you needed. Or, about 5x the best deal at home. Using rough numbers, I spent $125 to travel 1200 miles. My Toyota Sienna might have cost about $190 at South- Mid-west gas prices. The real fuel savings would be with local use. FWIW, traveling with kids in a Sienna is much more enjoyable!
Thanks!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What does it cost to charge out on the road?

Keep in mind that winter driving would be worse than summer. Extra use of electricity for heater usage would add up. I saw an article once where a couple in Florida rented an EV for a trip to someplace like western Tennessee or thereabouts. They complained a lot about how often they had to stop and recharge and what it cost them.

Before returning to Florida, they returned the EV to the rental company and rented a small gas powered car to get back to Florida.

In addition, if one is renting, either in a house or an apartment, one isn't likely to have a way to charge an EV effectively.

Latest posts

Top Bottom